Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Not sweating that, if it’s true, trading for Alonso could be an even smarter move then as someone else pointed out earlier a few pages back

I meant the infidelity argument coming out of nowhere...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GREEDY said:

I honestly wondered about the move for a little different reason. 

I think Dan Bernstein once said years ago that 99% of baseball players are unfaithful to their wives.... or something along those lines.  He pretty much said that it was just a thing.  They all cheat.  Like not most, but all.  

And this is 100% unfair to Manny, but just judging a book by it's cover he's about the last guy I might nominate to fall in that 1%.  So, is there a chance he might NOT want his brother in law around?  Even if Yonder is "aware" he might not want to have to be around it.  

Machado is super close to Yonder. Yonder is in almost as many posts on Machado's feed as Machado's wife.

He may be a cheater, who knows. But he seems to be really good friends with Yonder. 

1 hour ago, GREEDY said:

I honestly wondered about the move for a little different reason. 

I think Dan Bernstein once said years ago that 99% of baseball players are unfaithful to their wives.... or something along those lines.  He pretty much said that it was just a thing.  They all cheat.  Like not most, but all.  

And this is 100% unfair to Manny, but just judging a book by it's cover he's about the last guy I might nominate to fall in that 1%.  So, is there a chance he might NOT want his brother in law around?  Even if Yonder is "aware" he might not want to have to be around it.  

I have a friend who's brother is a coach (of some kind, we'll say) in the NHL and in their home arena, they have a spot for the wives postgame and then another spot for the girlfriends, if you catch my drift. I wouldn't say 99%, but 80% is logical.

12 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I meant the infidelity argument coming out of nowhere...

Must have missed that post the first time through...now I see it...I’m pretty sure in today’s day and age if a player is out doing that it’s going to be found out one way or another with social media

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Oh, I'm sure it happens a ton but I have no clue how it comes into play with us signing Manny

His point was that would he want Alonso around if he was cheating on Alonso's sister.  So did the Sox hurt their chances with Machado by bringing  in Alonso.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

So when we do evaluate the best cities to cheat on your wife in, and how JR is too cheap to do it better?

The White Sox have the brother of his wife on the team. Not sure what is difficult to understand about that. If he decided to cheat on his wife, which many professional athletes do, it probably won't go over well with Yonder...

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

His point was that would he want Alonso around if he was cheating on Alonso's sister.  So did the Sox hurt their chances with Machado by bringing  in Alonso.

Yeah, I get all of this. I'm just expressing that I've never heard of this argument in terms of a free agent signing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Giving him attention is likely what he wants, but damn that dude deserves to be toasted. The final nail in the coffin would be the White Sox signing Machado.

Yeah I wouldn’t pay that dude any attention, just smile and let the Yankee fans roast that dude when he doesn’t sign with them lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

It's just a very strange concern to be expressed in these parts.

I don't see why. The majority of athletes cheat. Manny is married to Yonder's sister. I don't think Yonder would appreciate Manny plowing other women while he is married to his baby sister. 

Not that Manny is guilty of that, but you never know. It is worth consideration. Overall, I still think Yonder helps more than he hurts. 

I can’t believe we’ve reached the point where we are debated the better fit for Manny potentially cheating on his wife. He really needs to sign and get this over with. Not sure I want to be here for the conversation on which city is easier to dispose of a body in case Manny decides to kill someone.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Let’s be honest, if cheating is so rampant around the league, I’m guessing the White Sox did their homework on Manny and talked to some people around the league before taking on Alonso’s $9M salary.  I seriously doubt a reduced ability to cheat on his wife will have any consideration on his decision.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres