Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

They should legit not even hold a conference call lol must be annoying for Jay to have a conference call to exclusively talk about Machado, even if they are close friends.

Ya, I'm not sure if there's specific things like this they have to do when signing a FA but really this is just kind of crappy for Jay.

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Why?

Of course I wasted my time. But it is their fault. 

The mountain is high, the valley is low
And you're confused on which way to go
So I've come here to give you a hand
And lead you into the promised land, so

Come on and take a free ride (free ride)
Come on and stand here by my side
Come on and take a free ride

courtesy of the Edgar Winter Group.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Hey at least that didn't happen then. ;)

Every year that passes, that season gets more artificially painful in my brain. By 2025, we’ll have lost every game 15-0 and five players will have suffered career-ending injuries. By 2030, the White Sox will have lost the next 300 following regular season games. By 2040, all my family will have been murdered that week. 

Edited by Eminor3rd
  • Haha 2

Just now, Eminor3rd said:

Every year that passes, that season gets more artificially painful in my brain. By 2025, we’ll have lost every game 15-0 and five players will have suffered career-ending injuries. By 2030, the White Sox will I’ve lost the next 300 following regular season games. By 2040, all my family will have been murdered that week. 

Getting old is not for the timid.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eminor3rd said:

Every year that passes, that season gets more artificially painful in my brain. By 2025, we’ll have lost every game 15-0 and five players will have suffered career-ending injuries. By 2030, the White Sox will I’ve lost the next 300 following regular season games. By 2040, all my family will have been murdered that week. 

Haha I hear ya.  Every October I try breaking my hand punching a bat to remember the pain of what could have been that season.

• Haha 1

Just now, Eminor3rd said:

Every year that passes, that season gets more artificially painful in my brain. By 2025, we’ll have lost every game 15-0 and five players will have suffered career-ending injuries. By 2030, the White Sox will have lost the next 300 following regular season games. By 2040, all my family will have been murdered that week. 

Ha, well realistically what you'll erase is the game 163, and remember the sox getting swept when they went into a 3 game series up 2.5 games, and collapsing in game 3 when we had a 4 run lead (?).

2 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Haha I hear ya.  Every October I try breaking my hand punching a bat to remember the pain of what could have been that season.

The Sox gave up 6 runs in each game they lost that series. Would've been nice to have Quentin in the lineup but it was the pitching that series.

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

That's a personal attack. One that hopefully won't be ignored.

Oh geez. Manny Machado and Bryce Harper are negotiating for so much money that their kids won't ever have to work, and you're talking about how if it doesn't go your way, they will have wasted your time. Pretty sure that counts as a strange thought process. Perspective, dude.

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

yep, and even saying "let's see how it shakes out" is something I personally would say if I'm hopeful of something.

What have you ever been hopeful of?

3 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Yeah, I still think about that. With Quentin healthy, he wins the AL MVP and the Sox comfortably win the division. And if you can keep Contreras healthy, too, Vazquez isn't starting game 1 of the ALDS. The rotation is lined up and Vazquez is starting game 4 if that. I really think the Sox would have had a chance to win another title that year.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres