Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

9 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

No one is making you read it, but let’s face it the suspense can’t get you away from it so you will continue to do so until one is signed, just like everyone else here is doing 🙂

Oh I meant for the front office haha, for me this is my life

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Oh I meant for the front office haha, for me this is my life

Hahaha I was way off on that reading that one then, thought you might be in the crowd that is dooming and glooming not believing sources and just want it to be over or something 🤣🤣

This place has been something lately.

1.) To the comments about me - I haven't seen any of this just been told of it. Nowhere did I say a specific date Machado would sign or that he would at all. No one can provide proof otherwise because it simply did not happen. If you look at the replies of the tweet in question, I specifically say "not necessarily tomorrow" (Tweet was from Tuesday). I have said I've liked the Sox chances in a bunch of different ways the last 10 days or so. That was when it first went around the Yankees were basically bowing out. 

2.) To the the new poster with a negative source. Regardless of what he said, someone posting on the board for the very first time and the whole board collectively freaks out?  

Past that, 2 things on it:

a.) I don't know who the guy's source is but I wouldn't suspect the tiny subset of people in the know with the Sox are getting emotional, blabbing about fluid contract negotiations at weekend gatherings. That goes against just about everything the White Sox are about.

b.) The source is said to have referred to the negotiations "everything moves so quickly" or something to that effect. And to be clear, I have just seen his main post so I do't know if he elaborated on timing. That goes against just about everything everyone else is hearing. "Waiting game" "it's going to be a while" "Far from over". Maybe this source is right, but they're really bucking the trend speaking to the negotiations. 

I see no reason to freak out here. We haven't had any notable news today. Enjoy the day off of this stuff. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 8
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

1.) To the comments about me - I haven't seen any of this just been told of it. Nowhere did I say a specific date Machado would sign or that he would at all. No one can provide proof otherwise because it simply did not happen. If you look at the replies of the tweet in question, I specifically say "not necessarily tomorrow" (Tweet was from Tuesday). I have said I've liked the Sox chances in a bunch of different ways the last 10 days or so. That was when it first went around the Yankees were basically bowing out. 

2.) To the the new poster with a negative source. Regardless of what he said, someone posting on the board for the very first time and the whole board collectively freaks out?  

a.) I don't know who the guy's source is but I wouldn't suspect the tiny subset of people in the know with the Sox are getting emotional, blabbing about fluid contract negotiations at weekend gatherings. That goes against just about everything the White Sox are about.

b.) The source is said to have referred to the negotiations "everything moves so quickly" or something to that effect. And to be clear, I have just seen his main post so I do't know if he elaborated on timing. That goes against just about everything everyone else is hearing. "Waiting game" "it's going to be a while" "Far from over". Maybe this source is right, but they're really bucking the trend speaking to the negotiations. 

I see no reason to freak out here. We haven't had any notable news today. Enjoy the day off of this stuff. 

Amen

3 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Spot on as always.    

5 minutes ago, raBBit said:

I was basically saying the same thing, and I don't think anyone said it was gonna happen a certain day because of you, we just mentioned the timeline you *think* is appropriate

7 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Ok i'll come back in off the ledge

To say people working for the Sox have been negative about this is crazy. Unless you're speaking to the FO in the last few hours specifically. That's just wrong. There has been optimism from the team publicly and privately. People in baseball ops and people not in baseball ops. People speaking directly and indirectly.

If the Yankees are truly out and not pulling an incredible media ruse laying in the weeds, the Sox chances are very good. If it's between the Sox and Phillies and contracts are relatively the same, the Sox get him. If the Phillies get crazy and offer 300+, then you worry. The concern should be the Phillies go crazy. Until you hear about the Yankees being back in don't freak out. Lozano is acting like this is in the last stage, we'll see if he holds through.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

But he's right. Nothing ever happens over the weekend anyway so it's a day off

I’m in no way an insider or source, nor will I pretend to be. But I worked with a current GM (unrelated to any Sox stuff or relevant negotiations) that wheeled a mega trade minutes before walking down the aisle to get married. I don’t think the higher ups really take time off. 

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

But he's right. Nothing ever happens over the weekend anyway so it's a day off

This is just going off of history, but the Sox would sit on this for as long as they have to release it in the optimal time/way. They'd want to dominate the news and take full advantage of this. Obviously the primary concern is signing him, but once/if they know that they him, they are going to make sure the media is empowered and enabled to tell the world it is putting the Sox back on the map. 

• Love 4

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

This is just going off of history, but the Sox would sit on this for as long as they have to release it in the optimal time/way. They'd want to dominate the news and take full advantage of this. Obviously the primary concern is signing him, but once/if they know that they him, they are going to make sure the media is empowered and enabled to tell the world it is putting the Sox back on the map. 

Maybe this is silly, but it made me think of that movie critic’s tweet. Roeper? Can’t remember his name. 

17 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Frustration is what I heard. I wouldn't say negative.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres