Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Might be time to change the dynamic and play offense. If we believe the Yankees are out and the 'mystery team' is a negotiating tactic, it would appear to boil down to Philly or Sox. What if we put forth our final, final offer (okay to publish it) and a 48 hour deadline to accept or decline. Make MM and his agent confront the possibility that the market could shrink to a universe of one (Philly) and even they might be 'iffy' dependent on Harper situation. Its starting to feel like we are being played and its not obvious they have negotiating leverage. Lets stop being patsies. 

So if we magically set up and announce we are meeting Bryce next Saturday would the narrative change to us being the favorites because we would be the most recent team to be with him? Would we be the flavor of the week? Not that I dont agree that they are the favorites to sign him, just the reasoning of "they met for 5 hours!" just is funny to me.

Edited by Ross Gload Fan
  • Like 2

• Heads22 changed the title to Manny: Nightengale suggests White Sox are favored
2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

"No one knows the outcome for sure, but unless there’s a dramatic twist in these negotiations, their ultimate destinations are becoming clearer. Harper will be in Philadelphia and Machado will be playing for the White Sox."

The big question is so who signs first and when?

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

"No one knows the outcome for sure, but unless there’s a dramatic twist in these negotiations, their ultimate destinations are becoming clearer. Harper will be in Philadelphia and Machado will be playing for the White Sox."

That seems like quite a confident statement from Bob. I wonder if this is to try to put an end to the stalemate that seems to be going on between the Sox and Machado.

3 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

That seems like quite a confident statement from Bob. I wonder if this is to try to put an end to the stalemate that seems to be going on between the Sox and Machado.

I wouldn't put any stock in it. He makes these statements all the time and is almost always wrong. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres