Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

3 minutes ago, chitown87 said:

100% this. Jesus, some of the posters here are unbearable.

It's very very SIMPLE.

If the Sox want to shut up all their fans and provide no excuses...then they have to SHOW THE MONEY.

Otherwise, we can be glass half full or half empty all we want.

When you go over 20+ years without making a move like this...something that happens once a generation, what can realistically be expected?

• Like 3

Just now, caulfield12 said:

It's very very SIMPLE.

If the Sox want to shut up all their fans and provide no excuses...then they have to SHOW THE MONEY.

Otherwise, we can be glass half full or half empty all we want.

When you go over 20+ years without making a move like this...something that happens once a generation, what can realistically be expected?

I get that. But the chicken little stuff because the Phillies are rumored to have offered a contract is just ridiculous. We don't even know if it's true, or how much money was offered.

Just now, chitown87 said:

I get that. But the chicken little stuff because the Phillies are rumored to have offered a contract is just ridiculous. We don't even know if it's true, or how much money was offered.

It’s simple, if the Sox made an offer it’s probably a joke offer but if another team made an offer Machado/Harper are basically signed... 😂😂😂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chitown87 said:

If the White Sox owner promised fans they would spent "stupid money," then we wouldn't be having this same conversation.

Not only that, but it's pretty clear the first White Sox official offer was well below expected market value.  So we certainly know  they will be beating that, so it's back to them to respond in a way where Machado is convinced not to keep going back and forth for weeks.

Edited by caulfield12

11 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

I have never realized how big of pussies Sox fans can be.  Every neutral piece of information is met by people panicking and expecting the worst.

All the fans who show up at times like these...I almost never see them on a daily basis in the game threads.  If the signing doesn't work out, they simply disappear back into the woodwork.

Heck, if the front office could see they have as many page views as 1/4th of their season attendance, they would recognize the appetite and need for the fanbase to have SOMETHING to believe in.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres