Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

I guess a glimmer of hope is what Mb13 (i think that’s his name) the D Day guy, gave us yesterday is that Reinsdorf is involved in the negotiations and yesterday he was at the inauguration. Maybe it gets done today. 

Edited by Orlando

2 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

mlb.com posted our lineup if season started today.  Please Manny please sign with us.

1. Jon Jay, RF
2. Yoan Moncada, 2B
3. Jose Abreu, 1B
4. Yonder Alonso, DH
5. Welington Castillo, C
6. Daniel Palka, LF
7. Tim Anderson, SS
8. Yolmer Sanchez, 3B
9. Adam Engel, CF

Switch out Engels bat for an eventual Eloy call up and it looks a lot better than last year but still not very good.

5 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

mlb.com posted our lineup if season started today.  Please Manny please sign with us.

1. Jon Jay, RF
2. Yoan Moncada, 2B
3. Jose Abreu, 1B
4. Yonder Alonso, DH
5. Welington Castillo, C
6. Daniel Palka, LF
7. Tim Anderson, SS
8. Yolmer Sanchez, 3B
9. Adam Engel, CF

Oof.

OOOF.

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I guess a glimmer of hope is what Mb13 (i think that’s his name) the D Day guy gave us yesterday is that Reinsdorf is involved in the negotiations and yesterday he was at the inauguration. Maybe it gets done today. 

First off, I doubt he was at the inauguration. JR is probably in AZ. Secondly, this guy starts posting "leaks" about Rick Hahn being upset about leaks. And posted nothing earlier. While his info seems plausible, I'm a bit skeptical regarding his inside knowledge. 

7 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

1. Jon Jay, RF
2. Yoan Moncada, 2B
3. Jose Abreu, 1B
4. Yonder Alonso, DH
5. Welington Castillo, C
6. Daniel Palka, LF
7. Tim Anderson, SS
8. Yolmer Sanchez, 3B
9. Adam Engel, CF

Wow, just threw up a little bit, if this doesn’t say we NEED Machado, nothing will.

1 minute ago, Perfect Vision said:

FWIW it was exactly one week ago - January 8 - that Levine wrote that a Machado decision was expected within a week according to his sources.

If you read the Rick Hahn stuff, he thought it would be wrapped up by Christmas. 

Apparently his people must think there is another offer out there for a heck of a lot more money.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

1. Jon Jay, RF
2. Yoan Moncada, 2B
3. Jose Abreu, 1B
4. Yonder Alonso, DH
5. Welington Castillo, C
6. Daniel Palka, LF
7. Tim Anderson, SS
8. Yolmer Sanchez, 3B
9. Adam Engel, CF

Ya Eloy and Machado(potentially/hopefully) change the look of that just a tad.

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

First off, I doubt he was at the inauguration. JR is probably in AZ. Secondly, this guy starts posting "leaks" about Rick Hahn being upset about leaks. And posted nothing earlier. While his info seems plausible, I'm a bit skeptical regarding his inside knowledge. 

I don’t know the poster. I only recently became active. Other posters made it seem like he was trustworthy. 

Just now, Orlando said:

I don’t know the poster. I only recently became active. Other posters made it seem like he was trustworthy. 

It seemed legit. It might be legit. But he was talking about how the Sox are upset at leaks, and then he opened the spout. Seems a bit odd to me. And even if JR was at the inauguration, which I tend to doubt, I'm sure his cell phone is still on his person.

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Emmett Lathrop "Doc" Brown, Ph.D., is a fictional character in the Back to the Future trilogy in which he is the inventor of the first time machine, built out of a DeLorean sports car.

Did you just wiki Dr. Emmett Brown? Oh Caulfield,  never change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres