Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I love BTTF to death...but have always been bothered that 50 years of sports statistics can be found in such a thin and tiny book. Complete my ass...

In the future we've made font sizes more efficient.

Just now, mqr said:

Would you consider these conditions that likely are going to lead to a strike worth it, if it's creating a situation where the White Sox land Machado/Harper?

Anything that benefits me is good and harms me is bad so by that token then yes.

8 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I love BTTF to death...but have always been bothered that 50 years of sports statistics can be found in such a thin and tiny book. Complete my ass...

I like that the book printed almost 70 years in the future is still extremely 1980s

1 minute ago, Peacock Wrestler said:

Today has been too quiet.  It feels like the calm before the storm.   I don't think anythings going to happen, but today has a weird feel to it.  

The slow days used to feel like something was about to happen. Now they just feel like we’re so far off from something happening.

2 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

Just came here to say that if on November 1st I was expecting to sign close to a 400 million dollar contract, then I'm probably not signing for under 250 million anytime soon.  

But at what point do Lozano and Manny have to face the music that it's not going to happen?  They can do and are doing all the usual tactics -- shopping offers, leaking "mystery teams," saying they are holding firm to their demands, etc. -- but there has to be a point where they realize the existing offers aren't going to be raised, no new teams will be jumping in, and nothing is going to change between that point and spring training.  Then there's really no reason to delay any further.  I don't think we're there yet but I hope we're getting closer.

3 minutes ago, Peacock Wrestler said:

Today has been too quiet.  It feels like the calm before the storm.   I don't think anythings going to happen, but today has a weird feel to it.  

And since the morning, we've gone from 280 pages in this thread to 288 pages with literally nothing happening. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres