Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

35 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

JR told Scottie Pippen he was going to regret the contract he was about to sign when he signed it and boy did Scottie ever.....

It had some justification though. Pippen had the back issue and got his money up front in case he couldn't play anymore. Pippen was able to play and at the back end of the contract was grossly underpaid. He made his money early.

28 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Maybe Im reading this incorrectly, but are you saying that if JR gets involved the Sox arent getting one?

Because Id say the opposite, the only way the Sox sign Machado or Harper is if JR is involved. 

I know that JR will be involved at some level, he has to be.  I just think that it is a situation where the sports team has to take priority over the bottom line/negotiating and he's never ever been that type of owner.

I feel as if the White Sox NEED to sign one of these two players, even if you give up more than usual at the bargaining table.  I question how much JR is willing to give up, he's not about that life.

8 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

Sorry, stopped watching when I saw squats on a smith machine.

2018 makes sense now.......

But why?  Smith machine is a tool in the gym like any other with specific applications to training...what would be meathead and stupid is lifting too heavy on the Olympic rack and throwing his back out.

It looks like Yoan did a major cut imo.  Good.  He had a RB's body last year.  Don't think it helped him much.

1 minute ago, LittleHurt05 said:

I know that JR will be involved at some level, he has to be.  I just think that it is a situation where the sports team has to take priority over the bottom line/negotiating and he's never ever been that type of owner.

I feel as if the White Sox NEED to sign one of these two players, even if you give up more than usual at the bargaining table.  I question how much JR is willing to give up, he's not about that life.

Strongly disagree with this. The "sports team" is a business that has to be run properly. Him doing everything he can to sign one or two of these big fish, while negotiating the best contract possible for the team isn't a lack of "putting the sports team first".

The Sox know they NEED to land one of these guys. They are "willing to give up more than usual at the bargaining table" to do that. In fact, where Machado is concerned, the Sox are likely willing to give MORE than 29 other teams in baseball. Which is why they will likely land him. 

1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

How worried should we be about this?

Never mind. I looked it up on my phone and he clarifies in the replies that the decision will be made this week. I thought that he was saying Machado to the Phillies would be done this week. 

Edited by oneofthemikes

1 minute ago, Stealth G.O.A.T. said:

I'm not too worried. Obviously anything can happen, but I wouldn't get too worked up about it either way.

I looked at some of the replies, whoever runs that page responded to a question and pretty much said Machado will probably sign this week. Not necessarily with the Phillies, just in general.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres