Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I would rather see him taking an eye test or something.

I think the eyes are good.  I just think he needs to figure out what a strike is.  Continuously getting wrung up on a pitch a hair outside the zone is okup until it keeps happening.  The Big Hurt had a great eye but you bet your ass if he was getting wrung up left and right just off the plate he would of adjusted.   He just kept with the idea that it isn't a strike and the umpires were going to adjust to him.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

How worried should we be about this?

Never mind. I looked it up on my phone and he clarifies in the replies that the decision will be made this week. I thought that he was saying Machado to the Phillies would be done this week. 

Exactly. He's saying he thinks a decision will be made this week.

He has had good info in the past, btw. I'd take this as a good thing for the Sox with Machado.

3 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I looked at some of the replies, whoever runs that page responded to a question and pretty much said Machado will probably sign this week. Not necessarily with the Phillies, just in general.

I don't think that's really going out on the limb on his part. I think Manny ends up on the Sox. When? Hopefully any day now. 

Harper I don't know. I don't think he ends up in Philly though. 

18 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

I know that JR will be involved at some level, he has to be.  I just think that it is a situation where the sports team has to take priority over the bottom line/negotiating and he's never ever been that type of owner.

I feel as if the White Sox NEED to sign one of these two players, even if you give up more than usual at the bargaining table.  I question how much JR is willing to give up, he's not about that life.

OTOH, maybe JR being involved and seeing the actual issues will communicate more effectively to him what's needed to sign.

1 hour ago, 103 mph screwball said:

Mr. Reinsdorf calls up Philly.

JR says let me tell you a story Philly.  Christmas time and 2 daddys want dolls for their daughter.  Only 2 dolls left.   One putz tries to buy both dolls for $100.  Next guy is pissed off and says I’ll buy both for $200.  Bidding goes all the way up to $1000 for frickin dolls.  They both end up getting one doll for $500.  They could have both had one doll for $50. 

Gotta go.  I have an appointment with a free agent 3rd basemen.

Excuse me Mr Reinsdorf, you  have a Mr. Boras on line 2, asking about collusion?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I hope that the owner, that most love to hate, accomplishes the teams goal and people celebrate. 

I would imagine, at his age, he is thinking a lot more about legacy than bottom line.  Bottom line is important and always a priority, but as you get older, legacy is all there is.  Reference, Mr. I in Detroit, he never got that last World Series victory.

Edited by Soxman72

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres