Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, Perfect Vision said:

Am I being too cynical in thinking this could be the Phillies trying to misdirect the Sox?  Leak to the media that the Phillies are focusing now on those other players to make the Sox think that their offer to Machado is good, when the Phillies have actually just made a larger offer to Machado?

With as much work as Sox have done with Lozano...he is coming back and saying give us last offer since Phillies went higher. So, unless it's stupid money...shouldn't matter. 

4 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I really think this could happen either later tonight or tomorrow. It seems like we're finally getting to the finish line.

-SoxTalk shouts into the void once again, foolishly certain we will see it before the heat death of the universe

3 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

Am I being too cynical in thinking this could be the Phillies trying to misdirect the Sox?  Leak to the media that the Phillies are focusing now on those other players to make the Sox think that their offer to Machado is good, when the Phillies have actually just made a larger offer to Machado?

I don't think it would be toward sox, I think it would be toward manny, trying to show they aren't gonna just wait for him.

That said, I don't see any clear winners here. I think people in philly may have convinced the owner whose available, the plan, and now people are excited and just blabbing.

8 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I really don't understand how this dogshit publication survived the financial obliteration of its parent company. It makes me sad, though.

You realize when they are counting hits, there is no difference between an anger hit or a happy to read you hit?  People retweeting and posting that stuff is why it continues to survive.  If you don't like, don't give it public play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Whitesox27 said:

Anyone can have "visions" of what they want. I want to be a billionaire and have a supermodel girlfriend. Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

No one else is really a threat to sign any of those players. If they want to pay them what they want, they can. Back to the stupid money comment.

Edited by soxfan2014

9 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

Sorry man, that doesn't make sense. The Sox aren't going to base their actions on tweets. If the Phillies beat us with an offer, Lozano is going to point that out to the Sox to elicit a bigger offer. This will go back and forth until one side quits.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres