Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, Orlando said:

Let’s say this gets done and the Sox sign Machado for a miracle offer (7/210). Does this make Machado resent the fact that he has to play here and start this thing off on a bad note?

Won’t be 7/210...that was an assumption based on “closer to 200 than 300” narrative erroneously combined with the “7 year” claim.  It’s likely more like 7/245 with 8/270  closer to where it ends up.  

4 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Let’s say this gets done and the Sox sign Machado for a miracle offer (7/210). Does this make Machado resent the fact that he has to play here and start this thing off on a bad note?

I don’t know if he would necessarily resent signing here but i would not be surprised if he jumped at the first opt out he has to try and get a bigger pay day

And we have the benefit of no real cap in the early years so the AAV can be higher in the early years and bargain level in years 6-8 (opt out year 6), which will be exercised if still performing.  Fine for us as it meets our window and we can reset and go after other whales (our own hopefully) at that point. 

Catching up in this tread, I just realized every single day is the same:

• People wake up pisssd off that nothing has happened
  • Several people then claim things are quiet because it’s “the calm before the storm”
  • Posters get desperate and start posting blantantly obvious troll posts “it’s probably nothing, but anyone see this [John] tweet?”
  • Sidebars start ensuring about riveting subjects such as model trains, favorite movie in the Pitch Perfect franchise, etc.
  • Posters start getting desperate again and ask the board insiders for any nuggets, eventually one will show up but only provides vague, semi-positive comments like “be patient, things are happening”
  • Caulfield posts a random article without a link and not in a quote box and proceeds to add his own commentary throughout
  • People start getting really pissed about the lack of momentum and say Rick is an incompetent dick and that cheap Jerry should move the franchise to Portland
  • Finally a rumor comes out from a twitter account with a blue check mark, the board completely loses its shit no matter if good or bad
  • If positive, mock lineups are immediately generated (half with Harper); if negative several posters admit defeat & feel compelled to say we must “stay the course”
  • Bob Nightengale tweets out within 30 minutes “sorry, but that’s not true!”; the board calls him a hack and then debates endlessly who planted what
  • Nothing else happens for a few hours, but some posters remain optimistic something will break later that night and make it clear they’re sticking around 
  • Finally the day ends with no real news, but one poster makes the bold prediction “tomorrow will be the day” before we all call it quits for the night

Wake up the next day and rinse & fucking repeat.  I pray to the baseball gods that by the time I catch up there will be some legit rumors, because I honestly can’t take this endless cycle much longer.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2
  • Love 4

Just now, EvilJester99 said:

It sure would be nice to get some good news tonight... Manny needs to sign with the Sox to counteract the horrid news I got earlier. My niece passed away today from her battle with cancer.. 

Sorry to hear that.  Wish you and your family the best.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EvilJester99 said:

It sure would be nice to get some good news tonight... Manny needs to sign with the Sox to counteract the horrid news I got earlier. My niece passed away today from her battle with cancer.. 

Sorry to hear that man

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

• Several people then claim things are quiet because it’s “the calm before the storm”
  • Posters get desperate and start posting blantantly obvious troll posts “it’s probably nothing, but anyone see this [John] tweet?”
  • Sidebars start ensuring about riveting subjects such as model trains, favorite movie in the Pitch Perfect franchise, etc.
  • Posters start getting desperate again and ask the board insiders for any nuggets, eventually one will show up but only provides vague, semi-positive comments like “be patient, things are happening”
  • Caulfield posts a random article without a link and not in a quote box and proceeds to add his own commentary throughout
  • People start getting really pissed about the lack of momentum and say Rick is an incompetent dick and that cheap Jerry should move the franchise to Portland
  • Finally a rumor comes out from a twitter account with a blue check mark, the board completely loses its shit no matter if good or bad
  • If positive, mock lineups are immediately generated (half with Harper); if negative several posters admit defeat & feel compelled to say we must “stay the course”
  • Bob Nightengale tweets out within 30 minutes “sorry, but that’s not true!”; the board calls him a hack and then debates endlessly who planted what
  • Nothing else happens for a few hours, but some posters remain optimistic something will break later that night and make it clear they’re sticking around 
  • Finally the day ends with no real news, but one poster makes the bold prediction “tomorrow will be the day” before we all call it quits for the night

Wake up the next day and rinse & fucking repeat.  I pray to the baseball gods that by the time I catch up there will be some legit rumors, because I honestly can’t take this endless cycle much longer.

Bravo CWS, bravo. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I needed a good laugh today, long day at the office but yeah it’s a vicious cycle waiting this one out.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Orlando said:

If it were that bad, he'd sign a 1/35 deal with someone else and see what changes next year instead of hooking up for 7.

8 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

I'm sorry to hear that man. Thoughts & prayers for you and your family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

Sorry to hear that :( Hope you and your family are doing okay.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

There aren't enough likes for this post. Very nice, CWS. 

• Thanks 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres