Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Is anyone else worried that when the Machado to the Sox news is announced, instead of 100% elation and excitement, part of it will just be relief and thinking "Fucking finally, now we can move on to the next target"? I hope Hahn gets a sweet deal in the end, but I feel a bit disappointed that this long drawn out and tedious process is sapping some of the energy and excitement I have for the signing. A month ago I would have lost my mind and texted everyone I know. Now, I will just breathe a big sigh of relief that I can stop wasting my entire day refreshing Twitter and worrying about the Phillies or Yankees swooping in.

Anyone else?

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Is anyone else worried that when the Machado to the Sox news is announced, instead of 100% elation and excitement, part of it will just be relief and thinking "Fucking finally, now we can move on to the next target"? I hope Hahn gets a sweet deal in the end, but I feel a bit disappointed that this long drawn out and tedious process is sapping some of the energy and excitement I have for the signing. A month ago I would have lost my mind and texted everyone I know. Now, I will just breathe a big sigh of relief that I can stop wasting my entire day refreshing Twitter and worrying about the Phillies or Yankees swooping in.

Anyone else?

Nope, I’m getting crunk and heading down to Grandstand to get four custom Machado jerseys made for me and my kids, although maybe not in that order.

• Like 2

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Anyone else?

I’m about to the point of saying screw it and avoiding social media until I hear it being announced on my phone. It’s highly exhausting and all a bunch of garbage being flung around, I know I say I’m going to avoid it but at the same time I won’t 

2 minutes ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

Sox offer is absolutely pathetic. Can’t wait for Hahn to act like he put out a competitive offer at SoxFest when any fan knows that a 7 year offer barely over 200 mil is a joke

Dude.....sigh.....that is not the offer at play, that’s what Sox management wants out there right now, calm down

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

Sox offer is absolutely pathetic. Can’t wait for Hahn to act like he put out a competitive offer at SoxFest when any fan knows that a 7 year offer barely over 200 mil is a joke

You don't even know what the offer is, none of us know wtf is going on right now.  

• Love 1

Just now, Whitesoxa6 said:

I would have rather added 13 million onto Manny’s contract than get useless plugs like Alonso and Jay to entice him 

Shouldn’t that make you think that there’s no way they could really get him for 25 mil a year?  Nightengale is only reporting what the Sox want out there.

Heyman tweets 4 hours ago that Phillies highly unlikely to land both so what does good old bob do, says the offer is under 200 mil now and oh by the way Philly might just sign both, hmm I couldn’t see where a plant would come into play here......

2 + 2 doesn’t equal 4 George duhhhh it equals 5 George......cmon guys 

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres