Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

I would have rather added 13 million onto Manny’s contract than get useless plugs like Alonso and Jay to entice him 

7 minutes ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

Sox offer is absolutely pathetic. Can’t wait for Hahn to act like he put out a competitive offer at SoxFest when any fan knows that a 7 year offer barely over 200 mil is a joke

I said the same thing the day the Dodgers and Reds made that trade and everyone lost their minds but this is a lot of past tense for someone who hasn't picked a team yet 

3 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Dude.....sigh.....that is not the offer at play, that’s what Sox management wants out there right now, calm down

^^^we have a winner.   This is almost ridiculous watching people freak out over tweets.    The Sox will not regressive bargin -  offer less than they have.   That is a recipe for agents shunning them in future.  They are working on this as we speak.   Quit freaking out.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I'll say that Machado signs on Friday, the start of the Cubs convention, because humor.

I know thats just a joke, but I wonder if they do want to try to get the deal done before the cubs convention. We talk a lot about maximizing exposure from this signing. If we do it during the cubs convention it might take away a bit from them, but it would also likely take away from us. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Machado for the quoted prices with Pollock and even Keuchel make a LOT more sense than Machado AND Harper for the Phillies.

Somehow the offer has gone from $240 to 250 to even $265ish down to below $200 million, lol...

It's 10 years/$4 mil per, Peavy told me so.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mbs1969 said:

^^^we have a winner.   This is almost ridiculous watching people freak out over tweets.    The Sox will not regressive bargin -  offer less than they have.   That is a recipe for agents shunning them in future.  They are working on this as we speak.   Quit freaking out.  

Mbs, what’s your take on the 7 vs 8 year offer nonsense?

2 minutes ago, Mbs1969 said:

Would like to see them come off the 7 years and push up to 8/$275 or so. There’s slowplaying and there’s lowballing. 

Let’s not open this back up to shorter-term bidding.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

I’ve been lurking for a while and finally decided to sign into my account and start interacting. I’ve had it up to hear with the lack of transparency within our front office. First Eloy and now this 

What possibly could you be upset with about Eloy? Losing a year of service time to bring him up early with the rest of the garbage we threw out there last season? If anything you should praise RH for not doing that.

Edited by beckham15

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Machado for the quoted prices with Pollock and even Keuchel make a LOT more sense than Machado AND Harper for the Phillies.

Somehow the offer has gone from $240 to 250 to even $265ish down to below $200 million, lol...

Exactly. The rumors are all over the place so what's the point in getting emotional? I'm laughing at all this because for every rumor there is an opposing rumor that follows like clockwork. Later tonight someone will post a tweet with Levine spewing what Nightengale just said.

I’ve been lurking for a while and finally decided to sign into my account and start interacting. I’ve had it up to hear with the lack of transparency within our front office. First Eloy and now this 

Man you should have been talking through this with us a long time ago so you wouldn’t have bottled it all up until now. You would have been over it and delusional just like most of us. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, shipps said:

Man you should have been talking through this with us a long time ago so you wouldn’t have bottled it all up until now. You would have been over it and delusional just like most of us. 

I'm going to need a long break from this site. Good thing the semester starts next week.

2 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

What possibly could you be upset with about Eloy? Losing a year of service time to bring him up early with the rest of the garbage we threw out there last season? If anything you should praise RH for not doing that.

He must be from the SoxMachine / SSS community, because all those guys were enraged we didn’t burn a year of service time last year with Eloy.

What did you want them to say about Eloy? "Yes, we are manipulating his service time to make sure he doesn't get as much money." Sounds like a great way to get sued. 

And what is "now this" referring to exactly? The private negotiations that the team is having? What do you want them to say, "Hey Phillies, we are offering 8/240, can you guys beat that?" That's not how negotiating works. If you were able to take a second to actually think about what you are reading and WHY someone told whatever reporter about it, its pretty easy to make logical conclusions. 

• Like 2

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres