The White Sox Whaling One Stop Super Thread

The Sir

Per my suggestion in the latest Machado thread, and with Chisoxfn's blessing, this is where I will post all the tweets and ST insider posts I can find. I'll update this as much as my workload and sanity will allow. Enjoy!

Note: In terms of credibility, I'm pretty much going to include everything I can find that relates to rumors about the intentions of either involved teams or players. Whether Nightengale is a plant, or Bowden's been wrong about everything ever isn't really my focus and can be up for discussion. I mostly want to help the constant but understandable latecomer who pokes in just to ask, "What'd so-and-so say?"

• Thanks 4
  • Love 2

• Tony pinned this topic
On 1/4/2019 at 9:49 AM, Tony said:

Going to pin this for right now. 

This is not a thread for discussion, just concrete updates for people to check in with if they are too busy to follow individual threads. 

👍

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, wsd said:

Hello everyone.  Just want to clear a few things up - someone DM'd me this thread today looking for info/clarification on what I know/don't know.

-I know the sox are in a very good spot.  This bucket (?) guy probably knows more than me.  I don't care that he does, in fact I hope he does.  Some people are acting like he's talking shit to me, he's not.  We're all sox fans here.  We all want what's best for the org

-I have zero clue what the financials of the offer are.  I do know it's 7 years.  I assume they have room to budge if they need to.  Right now, as far as I'm aware, they don't need to.  I would assume it's for an AAV record of about $35MM, so I was just putting two and two together.  I could be incorrect there.  I wanted to clear that up because people are speaking as if I was stating it as fact.

- I know there are a lot of people that don't like me in here.  To each there own.  I know my humor and style isn't for everyone.  I am who I am.  

- I typically avoid message boards, facebook forums, etc. They can be good communities but they also lead to fans wanting to jump down each others throat.  The few times I've meandered to these forums I saw that, so I haven't been here hardly ever since I knew they existed

- if anyone has any questions let me know, because I'm not gonna make it a regular thing posting here.  I don't want other people's brains seeping into my brain now that I have to cover the sox for my job

PS - I'm blogging this as we speak