Sox Sign Jon Jay; 1 year/$4 mil, Charlie Tilson DFA'd

soxfan49

Just now, iWiN4PreP said:

People are saying Jay is better than Engel... last year Engel had 0.6 WAR, Jay had 0.8. "better".

Yeah... this is what we're going for...

Jay's age 34, this guy isn't going to do anything.

It's really not worth getting worked up about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, iWiN4PreP said:

People are saying Jay is better than Engel... last year Engel had 0.6 WAR, Jay had 0.8. "better".

Jon Jay can get you manny, which is way more than anything Engel can offer you

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

The White Sox aren't doing anything next year either.  This is another salvo for Manny.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

It’s Monday...shouldn’t you be spending this time getting upset about RAW?

You are a Moderator Emeritus here, trying sticking to the topic at hand and not spamming the thread.

Edited by iWiN4PreP
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

It's really not worth getting worked up about.

To me it's wasted money and a wasted roster spot. There's significantly better options out there. I'm not critical point upset -- if we get Manny, I'll see how the roster plays out, but i'm worried that moves like this puts us out on other potential FA's.

5 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

And he’s going to be signed for 1 year for nothing. Relax bro. Release the dude in May if he sucks and we’re in same position we were in 30 mins ago. 

24 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

If they sign him this ends the Harper talks in all likliehood and if they don’t land manny, wow just wow

Does it though?  Seems like he’s a 4th OF at this point and wouldn’t command much money.  I bet he would simply take Engel or Leury’s spot on the roster.

2 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

To me it's wasted money and a wasted roster spot. There's significantly better options out there. I'm not critical point upset -- if we get Manny, I'll see how the roster plays out, but i'm worried that moves like this puts us out on other potential FA's.

Whom exactly, other than Pollock, is a better FA option that is a legit CF? We’ll wait for the list. 

Edited by ChiSox59

Just now, Tony said:

Who? Name the other potential FA’s this takes the Sox out of contention for...

As long as we are still in on Harper or even someone like Pollock in addition to Machado... I'm fine, -- whatever -- add all of Machado's friends who just happen to be poor ball players.  I'm not saying this is a game breaking roster move of course, I'm just saying I don't like the move and don't see the point in it outside of signing Machado.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Whom exactly, other than Pollock, is a better FA option that is a legit CF? We’ll wait for the list.  

When talking about a player like Jon Jay you could probably trade for a better CF and cost us next to nothing.

• Heads22 changed the title to Sox Sign Jon Jay; 1 year/$4 mil, Pending Physical
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Tony unpinned this topic