Sox Sign Jon Jay; 1 year/$4 mil, Charlie Tilson DFA'd

soxfan49

3 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I really think it's almost over and the end result will be good. This is the sort of move the Sox would make if they knew Machado would sign here if they did it. I'm feeling really confident right now.

Ha ohhh man if the Sox don’t get him it’s going to be darker than baltas body disposal day dreaming in here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Sox Sign Jon Jay, Pending Physical
2 minutes ago, G&T said:

Look, if the Sox made an formal offer, then the total dollars aren’t the issue. There could be other issues, but I doubt it’s money.

The Sox suck right now and it would be nice if Machado could enjoy a bad year with some friends. I suspect that’s why they are doing this. 

Hahn:  Look Manny, we have a lot of good young talent, and we expect to be really good for a long period of time.

Manny:  But what about next year? It seems like you guys won't be truly competing until 2020/2021.

Hahn:  How about you get to play with your two best friends for that first year or two?

Manny:  Ok, go get Yonder and Jon and I'll sign.

Hahn:  Sounds good. Give me a few weeks and I'll have them both on the team.

10 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Money is the deciding factor, grabbing his league average buddies shouldn't be. W'Sox need to put on their big boy pants, offer him a respectable contract (and not pocket the surplus money from a team with such low player salaries) and they have him.

The White Sox are adding Manny’s buddies because they want to a have tie-breaker in case the money is close with the Phillies and it’s a small gamble worth taking.

3 minutes ago, KiwiSox said:

I fully expect Machado to not sign, fans to lament the Alonso and Jay signings and then Alonso and Jay both have All-Star caliber years for the White Sox. Baseball.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Or both traded in a week for Encarnacion :)

If we're really going cynical, they could both be traded for Encarnacion, and they both have All-Star caliber years for Seattle, while Encarnacion pulls a Dunn. 

• Heads22 changed the title to Sox Sign Jon Jay; 1 year/$4 mil, Pending Physical
  • Tony unpinned this topic