Madrigal: BA Prospect who could move fast

southsider2k5

Why do all you guys want to rush him, especially in a year where the Sox probably won't be competing and have Anderson/Moncada in the middle infield already? The last thing I want is a Gordon Beckham 2.0 situation where Madrigal is called up way too early and doesn't get the proper development time in the minors. 

15 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Why do all you guys want to rush him, especially in a year where the Sox probably won't be competing and have Anderson/Moncada in the middle infield already? The last thing I want is a Gordon Beckham 2.0 situation where Madrigal is called up way too early and doesn't get the proper development time in the minors. 

The whole thread starts with BA saying he's a prospect that could move fast. If he shows up this year and he's hitting with legit authority compared to last year, I would want to keep challenging him too. He's got enough college ball experience that if his numbers are where they should be and he stays healthy, there's not much to gain by waiting too long at each level. Wait long enough that he proves he's better than that level, then go ahead and move him.

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

The whole thread starts with BA saying he's a prospect that could move fast. If he shows up this year and he's hitting with legit authority compared to last year, I would want to keep challenging him too. He's got enough college ball experience that if his numbers are where they should be and he stays healthy, there's not much to gain by waiting too long at each level. Wait long enough that he proves he's better than that level, then go ahead and move him.

Agreed.  Same feeling with Luis Robert.