Vegas has '19 Sox at 74.5 wins

southsider2k5

9 minutes ago, oldsox said:

How many wins have you penciled in for Kopech?

I haven't penciled in any wins for anybody. And I wouldn't even make the bet because I'm not confident at all. But gun to my head, I think we land Manny. And with Manny, Eloy, and a hopefully improved Moncada, I think our offense will be much better. The bullpen will definitely be better.  Like I said, I'm not confident at all, and I wouldn't be shocked if they won something like 67 games, but gun to my head right now, I'm taking the over.

I'd say this number is probably a bit high right now, but not far off. You're talking 12 more wins than last year ... with a solid bullpen you may be looking at 4-5 wins alone right there.  Any progression from Giolito and Moncada would help a ton... someone on base (Jay) in front of a Abreu should help and add in Eloy...

I think at this exact moment, figuring maybe some veteran 1 year gap SP and maybe an OF (basically assuming no machado or harper) I'd say... 70-72 is my guess. You also have to remember the division is awwwfullll. Indians are worse, Royals are worse, Tigers are worse... and that's like 70 games of your schedule.

Eh, even if there is barely a single decent starting pitcher in this org that is healthy to start the year the over here feels attainable. Sox have like five years of bad breaks and shitty luck just bursting to reverse itself. I'm not saying ninety wins, but seventy-five? I could them getting a few more than that. The division is putrid, Cleveland hemorrhaged  a bunch of talent and KC and Detroit are likely both going to be even worse. All it would take is the Sox developing a skill at beating the division (they wouldn't even have to be much more than .333 against everyone else) and they get to the high-seventies.

I see this as a pretty easy over bet even if the Sox dont get Machado or Harper, which in my heart of hearts I dont think is happening anyways but surely could.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:10 PM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

My son ( not a baseball fan) would however love this post. I actually do too.

Me and my mom have seen Radiohead together 3 or 4 times. She has her moments. 

I am for sure betting the under on the Mariners.