Sox could chase Moustakas If MM goes elsewhere

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

The more I think about it, this really makes no sense. Has to be a Boras plant.

1. He’s going to cost a draft pick, so a 1 year deal is pointless.

2. It completely removes you from going after Arenado or Rendon, both of whom are better players.

Under the new rules (even if he wasn't traded), he wouldn't have been allowed to be offered a QO since he received a QO the year before.

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That wouldn't surprise me either.  A lot of people who write things don't actually understand how the rules work, or pay attention to the changes in them.

Plus when I write my opinion on something I'm usually pretty aware of what I'm writing and if I make a mistake I will admit it like I did when I thought Casey Gillaspie might be the one to go when Herrera was signed and was informed he's not on the 40 which I completely whiffed on.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Plus when I write my opinion on something I'm usually pretty aware of what I'm writing and if I make a mistake I will admit it like I did when I thought Casey Gillaspie might be the one to go when Herrera was signed and was informed he's not on the 40 which I completely whiffed on.

I am not even referring to random people.  I am amazes at how many bloggers and actual writers make mistakes in these types of things.

37 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Was unaware, could have sworn I read it was attached to him. Either way, hell no!

You listed 2 reasons why Moose makes no sense and both were negated  when your1st reason was actually what made no sense which made your whole post senseless. But still you say Hell no ! Way to stick to your guns even without a reason.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am not even referring to random people.  I am amazes at how many bloggers and actual writers make mistakes in these types of things.

Thank god the Chargers had Hunter Henry this season or they might not have made the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

The worst is when they interchangeably use “sign” and “trade” when discussing acquisitions. There is a huge difference between the two. 

5 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

The worst is when they interchangeably use “sign” and “trade” when discussing acquisitions. There is a huge difference between the two. 

Most of it is technical stuff, but when you are trying to sell yourself as an expert, you should probably know those things.  At very least if you are going to make references to it, you look it up to verify you are right.

He'll hit you .245 to .260 and hit a lot of home runs. Not a bad defender. Lefty bat. I tell you, I think we'd be very close to a division title if we signed Moose and Manny. Our bullpen arguably is serviceable to decent now. With Moose and Manny, hmmm. That however would mean Tim would have to move to the outfield. Don't know if he's capable out there or not.

I like the idea of Abreu at first; Moncada at 2B, Manny at ss, Moose at 3B. Timmy to outfield. Eloy out there and in my dream world Avi, but how bout Avi/Palka split time in right. Alonso DH with Palka. We're OK at catcher now.

We'd have to shell out some bucks to get another starter, however. But can anybody deny with Moose and Manny we actually would be loaded for bear to contend right now? Then if we want, when some of the other guys are ready, trade whomever. Forgive me if you are mad at my Timmy suggestion. There's no room for Tim at ss anymore if we acquire Moose AND Manny. We might have to trade Tim for a strong starter in that scenario. In short, I don't see Moose happening cause I think we are gonna get Manny. I think that's pretty obvious or leaning that way as we speak. It's very much a factor that we got Jay andhis brother in law and we also are willing to spend as much as anybody else for Manny.

Please rate this post. I'm trying to see if I have improved at all as a poster or if you think what I said is decent. I would guess many of you will be mad and say there's flat out no room for both Manny/Moose. Moose is a real lefty bat, unlike Mr. Jay IMO.

Edited by greg775
  • Haha 1