Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Going into year 5 of my dynasty league.  I have finished 3rd, 1st, 3rd, and 6th, so I'm looking to get some money this year.  10 team league, no free agent adds, 28 man roster with a farm system, auction draft with a $275 cap.

After keepers, signings, franchise tags, I will have $76 for my draft.  This is my team so far

C Yadier Molina
1B Freddie Freeman
2B
3B Kris Bryant
SS Corey Seager
OF Bryce Harper
OF JD Martinez
OF Starling Marte
UTIL Matt Chapman

SP Gerit Cole
SP Carlos Martinez
SP Lucas Giolito
SP
SP
RP Blake Treinen
RP

Then I would need to fill my bench spots.  Obviously I'll be targeting pitching in the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 11:33 AM, Moncada said:

 

Sorry for not getting back to you in the personal message before. I'm looking hard for my fantasy baseball options this year, but I don't think I could take this league on/ team.

It's a bit TOO much, methinks. 30 teams, big time dynasty.

But holy shiat -- that team sucks, no? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm highly considering starting a year to year Soxtalk Fantasy Roto league. It would be a more relaxed league with preference to the more dedicated posters here. 

Not sure if it would include any money considerations, I kinda prefer no money. Would require at minimum 12 users. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

 

Sorry for not getting back to you in the personal message before. I'm looking hard for my fantasy baseball options this year, but I don't think I could take this league on/ team.

It's a bit TOO much, methinks. 30 teams, big time dynasty.

But holy shiat -- that team sucks, no? 

So so

They finished 24th.  The team that finished 26th maybe be one of the best teams in the league now through trading 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I'm highly considering starting a year to year Soxtalk Fantasy Roto league. It would be a more relaxed league with preference to the more dedicated posters here. 

Not sure if it would include any money considerations, I kinda prefer no money. Would require at minimum 12 users. 

If it was a head to head cat or points me and my brother would be down.  Not a fan of roto leagues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Moncada said:

So so

They finished 24th.  The team that finished 26th maybe be one of the best teams in the league now through trading 

Not sure how they finished 24th, that team is straight ugly! Their best hitter is Brandon Nimmo... their best pitcher is German Marquez. 😛

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 1:50 AM, iWiN4PreP said:

I'm highly considering starting a year to year Soxtalk Fantasy Roto league. It would be a more relaxed league with preference to the more dedicated posters here. 

Not sure if it would include any money considerations, I kinda prefer no money. Would require at minimum 12 users. 

Im interested in joining a lg. If u create 1 dm me. Maybe if u have no prob i can invite a giants fan too. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Not seeing a lot of interest in a Soxtalk roto league :'(. 

Sorry, too much effort to pay attention to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Greek-konerko said:

Why not a h2h? 

I've done H2H all my life and every year it is determined by luck and not the better team due to the wonky playoffs. I was in 60 H2H standard leagues last year. I was first or second place in 57 of them (so I had first round byes) and clearly the best team in the majority of them. I finished first in like 30 or less of them. It's bogus. 

Also, H2H is a streamer based game. It's very intense where managers have to set daily line ups or risk being at a disadvantage, where the first manager to select the best streamers gets an advantage etc. Of course this can be diverted by a Weekly line up change setting, but then I think that hurts the reason why most people play H2H. 

 

Roto on the other hand takes an extremely balanced team where everybody is on the same footing. A manager can't stream SP's against the league because he'll run out of IP. So quality is better than quantity here. Thus, skill wins out often. It's also much more relaxed.. if you miss a few days it won't ruin your chance at competing. If you miss a few days in H2H, you likely lose the week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Sorry, too much effort to pay attention to.

Why do you think H2H is less effort over Roto?  Out of curiosity. 

I think it is the consensus that H2H takes a much larger effort over roto since it's a daily grind of line up changes and streaming whereas Roto for hte most part is set it and forget it and every now and then check your team stats and see what you need to aim for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I've done H2H all my life and every year it is determined by luck and not the better team due to the wonky playoffs. I was in 60 H2H standard leagues last year. I was first or second place in 57 of them (so I had first round byes) and clearly the best team in the majority of them. I finished first in like 30 or less of them. It's bogus. 

Also, H2H is a streamer based game. It's very intense where managers have to set daily line ups or risk being at a disadvantage, where the first manager to select the best streamers gets an advantage etc. Of course this can be diverted by a Weekly line up change setting, but then I think that hurts the reason why most people play H2H. 

 

Roto on the other hand takes an extremely balanced team where everybody is on the same footing. A manager can't stream SP's against the league because he'll run out of IP. So quality is better than quantity here. Thus, skill wins out often. It's also much more relaxed.. if you miss a few days it won't ruin your chance at competing. If you miss a few days in H2H, you likely lose the week. 

I'd prefer h2h points, but If you get it together I'd do a roto league. 

More importantly, you were in 60 leagues last year?!?!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2019 at 11:30 AM, iWiN4PreP said:

Why do you think H2H is less effort over Roto?  Out of curiosity. 

I think it is the consensus that H2H takes a much larger effort over roto since it's a daily grind of line up changes and streaming whereas Roto for hte most part is set it and forget it and every now and then check your team stats and see what you need to aim for. 

Honestly it's just the research to keep on top of to keep the team well rounded as injuries strike. With h2h I'm typically bad but am playing around with players I just think are going to be good with points.

If you start a league I'll join. I miss fantasy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bmags said:

Honestly it's just the research to keep on top of to keep the team well rounded as injuries strike. With h2h I'm typically bad but am playing around with players I just think are going to be good with points.

If you start a league I'll join. I miss fantasy.

Very good points. I understand where you are coming from. 

On 2/14/2019 at 2:30 PM, joejoedairy said:

More importantly, you were in 60 leagues last year?!?!

I *love* fantasy baseball. More than that, I love drafting teams. I drafted 63 yahoo leagues last year for fun. I figured I would take the 8 best and just use that on one username (max teams per username is 8). However, as the season went on I enjoyed it so much and couldn't tell which 8 teams were my favorite so I kept updating every team daily. After a month of doing this, I couldn't randomly stop, so I just kept up with it all throughout the year.

It's something I'll never do again. This year I have a firm 8 league limit and I pleasure myself by doing mock drafts instead of real drafts :p. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Very good points. I understand where you are coming from. 

I *love* fantasy baseball. More than that, I love drafting teams. I drafted 63 yahoo leagues last year for fun. I figured I would take the 8 best and just use that on one username (max teams per username is 8). However, as the season went on I enjoyed it so much and couldn't tell which 8 teams were my favorite so I kept updating every team daily. After a month of doing this, I couldn't randomly stop, so I just kept up with it all throughout the year.

It's something I'll never do again. This year I have a firm 8 league limit and I pleasure myself by doing mock drafts instead of real drafts :p. 

Ok guys. Wanna create a yahoo h2h lg and dm me your emails to start fill the lg? Ill invite a friend of mine if u dont mind. A giants fan great fantasy player 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should I trade Machado in my Fantasy leagues because he's playing in PetCo? I have him in my two keeper leagues and I don't trust him in that ballpark. 

One is H2H points and the other is 5x5 roto. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×