Fantasy Baseball

• 2 months later...

Going into my 6th year in my dynasty league.  We do an auction draft where the draft and keepers are very valuable.  We cannot add/drop any player during the season except a three round mid season draft where we take the best free agents.  This is my team right now and I have $69 (#nice) to play with in the next draft.

C
1B Freddie Freeman
2B
SS Trevor Story and Tim Anderson
3B Yoan Moncada
OF Bryce Harper
OF Kris Bryant
OF Victor Robles
UTIL Austin Meadows

SP Jack Flaherty
SP Lucas Giolito
SP Sonny Gray
SP Eduardo Rodriguez
SP Dallas Kuechel
SP Michael Fulmer (Acquired as part of a bigger trade with bad contracts last season)

So I need a C, 2B, and 2 RPs and a bench.  Thoughts?

On 1/19/2020 at 12:12 PM, GGajewski18 said:

Going into my 6th year in my dynasty league.  We do an auction draft where the draft and keepers are very valuable.  We cannot add/drop any player during the season except a three round mid season draft where we take the best free agents.  This is my team right now and I have $69 (#nice) to play with in the next draft.

C
1B Freddie Freeman
2B
3B Yoan Moncada
OF Bryce Harper
OF Kris Bryant
OF Victor Robles
UTIL Austin Meadows

SP Jack Flaherty
SP Lucas Giolito
SP Sonny Gray
SP Eduardo Rodriguez
SP Dallas Kuechel
SP Michael Fulmer (Acquired as part of a bigger trade with bad contracts last season)

Your SP are very 2019-heavy.

Every one of them could regress in 2020.

On 1/19/2020 at 12:12 PM, GGajewski18 said:

C
1B Freddie Freeman
2B
3B Yoan Moncada
OF Bryce Harper
OF Kris Bryant
OF Victor Robles
UTIL Austin Meadows

SP Jack Flaherty
SP Lucas Giolito
SP Sonny Gray
SP Eduardo Rodriguez
SP Dallas Kuechel

Teams pretty damn sexy, but gotta know how many teams are in the league to really say. If it's a 10 team league then I'd say it's pretty average, but if its a 12 or higher than you are looking quite nice.  Definitely agree about the comment on your SP, but heh having Flaherty+gio is not a bad 1-2 punch. I'd suggest going for some stabilizers in SP if at all possible.

On 1/24/2020 at 10:55 AM, iWiN4PreP said:

Teams pretty damn sexy, but gotta know how many teams are in the league to really say. If it's a 10 team league then I'd say it's pretty average, but if its a 12 or higher than you are looking quite nice.  Definitely agree about the comment on your SP, but heh having Flaherty+gio is not a bad 1-2 punch. I'd suggest going for some stabilizers in SP if at all possible.

It is a 10 team league.  In five years, I have only finished out of the money once.  I'm one of the more consistent teams in my league. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Posted this elsewhere, but have spots in a new inaugural season keeper league.  $350 buy in.  12 teams (may be reduced to 10 depending on final turnout, but hoping for 12).  Have 11 signed up currently, so may only need 1, but only a handful have paid so plenty of spots if you're interested.

The league has 6 or 7 Soxtalk guys in it! 

PM me if you're interested or want more details.  There are some more details posted on the league in the fantasy board.    

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Posted this elsewhere, but have spots in a new inaugural season keeper league.  $350 buy in.  12 teams (may be reduced to 10 depending on final turnout, but hoping for 12).  Have 11 signed up currently, so may only need 1, but only a handful have paid so plenty of spots if you're interested.

The league has 6 or 7 Soxtalk guys in it! 

PM me if you're interested or want more details.  There are some more details posted on the league in the fantasy board.    

Man too much money for me.btw I run a yahoo 12 team lg.4 keepers lg,if anyone interested guys hit me

1 minute ago, Greek-konerko said:

Man too much money for me.btw I run a yahoo 12 team lg.4 keepers lg,if anyone interested guys hit me

Yah, gotten a decent bit of that.  Its not cheap - for sure - but if you're going to put in the time needed to be good at fantasy baseball - there may as well be a prize pool worth playing for at the end of the season.  The days of me putting in the hours for free or like $50 leagues are over.  

5 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yah, gotten a decent bit of that.  Its not cheap - for sure - but if you're going to put in the time needed to be good at fantasy baseball - there may as well be a prize pool worth playing for at the end of the season.  The days of me putting in the hours for free or like $50 leagues are over.  

So true. Free leagues are stupid and pointless.

• 1 year later...

ONE MORE PERSON NEEDED.

I usually try not to ask Sox fans, because I hate seeing guys like Moncada and Anderson get taken by the 2nd round 🤣, but we need 1 more person for our league. Draft is this Sunday at 9:15 on ESPN. Buy-in is $50. It's a 10-team, 2-player Keeper League, but we added 2 teams this season, so anyone joining would have a blank roster, but automatically get 2 of the first 4 draft picks instead.