Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ChiliIrishHammock24

Anyone else being superstitious?

Recommended Posts

For good luck, and for a potential conversation starter if Machado signs, but I've been wearing Sox gear all week. My RLR Hahn shirt, 108 Sale shirt, 1983 logo shirt, along with Sox sweatshirts and jackets too. I only got a few more days left. Don't make me do laundry, Manny!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

No, but I am being a little stitious

-Michael Scott -Lauri Markkanen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, just anxiously awaiting the decision haven’t been this excited about a potential signing since “THE DECISION” and we all saw how that played out so we shall see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No but I told myself, I will buy 10 game plan if we land the whale.  Make me spend the money RICK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, justBLAZE said:

No but I told myself, I will buy 10 game plan if we land the whale.  Make me spend the money RICK.

buying jerseys and legos for my kids of the player if they get one of the big 2

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, justBLAZE said:

No but I told myself, I will buy 10 game plan if we land the whale.  Make me spend the money RICK.

If that's true, you should call the sales reps and inform them of that (if you haven't yet). I heard they've been unusually inquisitive this offseason. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

No but I told myself, I will buy 10 game plan if we land the whale.  Make me spend the money RICK.

I’ve also said this, if it happens I’m making a package purchase and a jersey, I haven’t bought one in awhile so it’d be nice to do so with some confidence behind it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

I’ve also said this, if it happens I’m making a package purchase and a jersey, I haven’t bought one in awhile so it’d be nice to do so with some confidence behind it

 

26 minutes ago, fathom said:

buying jerseys and legos for my kids of the player if they get one of the big 2

 Machado in road grey would be *as the kids say* LIT.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I would have bought that Jose Paniagua jersey at Sox Fest years ago so I could burn it in celebration when we land one of Harpchado, or is it Manper?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, wegner said:

I wish I would have bought that Jose Paniagua jersey at Sox Fest years ago so I could burn it in celebration when we land one of Harpchado, or is it Manper?

Manper is related to the Manimal...albeit with caliper-like claws.

Harpchado is either a Pacific fish or a hybrid musical instrument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Manper is related to the Manimal...albeit with caliper-like claws.

Harpchado is either a Pacific fish or a hybrid musical instrument.

I only eat fish from the Atlantic, so I will go with the hybrid musical instrument, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wegner said:

I only eat fish from the Atlantic, so I will go with the hybrid musical instrument, please.

Just don't bring up that Twins' game in late 2003, or Bread & Water, lol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, caulfield12 said:

Just don't bring up that Twins' game in late 2003, or Bread & Water, lol...

Ugghh.  I was at that game in the upper deck with my nephew.  We both felt the momentum completely switch to the Twinkies even though the Sox won the game!!!

Oh sorry, you said to not mention it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Ugghh.  I was at that game in the upper deck with my nephew.  We both felt the momentum completely switch to the Twinkies even though the Sox won the game!!!

Oh sorry, you said to not mention it.  

It's funny how you remember games like that one, or some of the ones that the White Sox were losing down the stretch in 2005...late August and early September.

For whatever reason, the one that stands out even more than the amazing finish to the 2008 season was the game where Carlos Gomez (Hawk just loved that dude) had probably the best game of his career and Jenks blew a really important game down the stretch...just remember walking around in a daze on the beach in Thailand for 2-3 days after that particular disaster.  After the way we had played the Twins from 2001-2007 (with the exception of 2005, of course), it just seemed almost inevitable at that point that the Twins were going to beat us yet again.  That was the height of Ozzie's "The Piranhas" Years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It's funny how you remember games like that one, or some of the ones that the White Sox were losing down the stretch in 2005...late August and early September.

For whatever reason, the one that stands out even more than the amazing finish to the 2008 season was the game where Carlos Gomez (Hawk just loved that dude) had probably the best game of his career and Jenks blew a really important game down the stretch...just remember walking around in a daze on the beach in Thailand for 2-3 days after that particular disaster.  After the way we had played the Twins from 2001-2007 (with the exception of 2005, of course), it just seemed almost inevitable at that point that the Twins were going to beat us yet again.  That was the height of Ozzie's "The Piranhas" Years.

So many of those games at the Metrodome were a disaster back then.  I also remember being excited to stay up later to catch games from the West Coast and it seemed like every damn game at Oakland was a nightmare.  How are the gonna blow it this time!!! but they would.

I also forgot about the Hawk's love for Carlos Gomez.  Classic!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not. But I went against it in 2005.

I had a white White Sox T-shirt. When we won our first play-off game I decided to wear it through the play-offs without washing it. It was so gross but I like to think iI was 50% of the reason we won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×