Anyone else being superstitious?

ChiliIrishHammock24

1 minute ago, justBLAZE said:

No but I told myself, I will buy 10 game plan if we land the whale.  Make me spend the money RICK.

If that's true, you should call the sales reps and inform them of that (if you haven't yet). I heard they've been unusually inquisitive this offseason. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

No but I told myself, I will buy 10 game plan if we land the whale.  Make me spend the money RICK.

I’ve also said this, if it happens I’m making a package purchase and a jersey, I haven’t bought one in awhile so it’d be nice to do so with some confidence behind it

10 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

I’ve also said this, if it happens I’m making a package purchase and a jersey, I haven’t bought one in awhile so it’d be nice to do so with some confidence behind it

26 minutes ago, fathom said:

buying jerseys and legos for my kids of the player if they get one of the big 2

Machado in road grey would be *as the kids say* LIT.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, wegner said:

I wish I would have bought that Jose Paniagua jersey at Sox Fest years ago so I could burn it in celebration when we land one of Harpchado, or is it Manper?

Manper is related to the Manimal...albeit with caliper-like claws.

Harpchado is either a Pacific fish or a hybrid musical instrument.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Manper is related to the Manimal...albeit with caliper-like claws.

Harpchado is either a Pacific fish or a hybrid musical instrument.

I only eat fish from the Atlantic, so I will go with the hybrid musical instrument, please.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Just don't bring up that Twins' game in late 2003, or Bread & Water, lol...

Ugghh.  I was at that game in the upper deck with my nephew.  We both felt the momentum completely switch to the Twinkies even though the Sox won the game!!!

Oh sorry, you said to not mention it.  

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Ugghh.  I was at that game in the upper deck with my nephew.  We both felt the momentum completely switch to the Twinkies even though the Sox won the game!!!

Oh sorry, you said to not mention it.  

It's funny how you remember games like that one, or some of the ones that the White Sox were losing down the stretch in 2005...late August and early September.

For whatever reason, the one that stands out even more than the amazing finish to the 2008 season was the game where Carlos Gomez (Hawk just loved that dude) had probably the best game of his career and Jenks blew a really important game down the stretch...just remember walking around in a daze on the beach in Thailand for 2-3 days after that particular disaster.  After the way we had played the Twins from 2001-2007 (with the exception of 2005, of course), it just seemed almost inevitable at that point that the Twins were going to beat us yet again.  That was the height of Ozzie's "The Piranhas" Years.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It's funny how you remember games like that one, or some of the ones that the White Sox were losing down the stretch in 2005...late August and early September.

For whatever reason, the one that stands out even more than the amazing finish to the 2008 season was the game where Carlos Gomez (Hawk just loved that dude) had probably the best game of his career and Jenks blew a really important game down the stretch...just remember walking around in a daze on the beach in Thailand for 2-3 days after that particular disaster.  After the way we had played the Twins from 2001-2007 (with the exception of 2005, of course), it just seemed almost inevitable at that point that the Twins were going to beat us yet again.  That was the height of Ozzie's "The Piranhas" Years.

So many of those games at the Metrodome were a disaster back then.  I also remember being excited to stay up later to catch games from the West Coast and it seemed like every damn game at Oakland was a nightmare.  How are the gonna blow it this time!!! but they would.

I also forgot about the Hawk's love for Carlos Gomez.  Classic!!