One more reason to dislike Trevor Bauer

caulfield12

12 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/student-reported-repeated-cyber-harassment-trevor-bauer-indians-twitter-023653665.html

More reasons to hate the Indians/Trevor Bauer...one of the STRANGEST stories of this off-season, and there have been quite a few.

Just bizarre.  And yet somehow perfectly fitting for this social media driven world we live in.

That guy is a serious tool!!!

19 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/student-reported-repeated-cyber-harassment-trevor-bauer-indians-twitter-023653665.html

More reasons to hate the Indians/Trevor Bauer...one of the STRANGEST stories of this off-season, and there have been quite a few.

Just bizarre.  And yet somehow perfectly fitting for this social media driven world we live in.

There is the "she started it" defense.

I mean, his responses weren't bad on their own, but he should KNOW by now that an entire army of his fans are going to go attack her, or anyone like her that he puts on display like that. He has been on Twitter long enough to know the time of power he, or any other athlete/celeb, hold when they start getting in public battles with fans.

2 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I mean, his responses weren't bad on their own, but he should KNOW by now that an entire army of his fans are going to go attack her, or anyone like her that he puts on display like that. He has been on Twitter long enough to know the time of power he, or any other athlete/celeb, hold when they start getting in public battles with fans.

Eh, he tagged in in 30 more replies after she blocked him. You don't think that's bad? He sounds like a creepy stalker.

4 hours ago, ptatc said:

There is the "she started it" defense.

Definitely lesson to be learned on both sides. She did throw out the 1st 2 insults. You don't pick a fight with someone bigger than you especially when that someone has legions of fans. Bauer too should have been wise enough to know his stature as a professional athlete would lead to something much bigger that would hurt his status .  Her fandom of the Astros and Bregman led her to stick her nose into some good natured ribbing  between 2 professional ballplayers. If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

I know we feel the need to stick up for the damsel in distress but she literally threw herself in harms way. I have no sympathy for either side. Neither side seems to have a clue about the consequences of their actions .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Twitter gossip is social media at its worst. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Definitely lesson to be learned on both sides. She did throw out the 1st 2 insults. You don't pick a fight with someone bigger than you especially when that someone has legions of fans. Bauer too should have been wise enough to know his stature as a professional athlete would lead to something much bigger that would hurt his status .  Her fandom of the Astros and Bregman led her to stick her nose into some good natured ribbing  between 2 professional ballplayers. If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

I know we feel the need to stick up for the damsel in distress but she literally threw herself in harms way. I have no sympathy for either side. Neither side seems to have a clue about the consequences of their actions .

Fans tweet at celebrities and athletes all the time in a much more derisive and negative light. Bauer took it literally and personally based on her first tweet and responded. It wouldn't have been a huge deal even from there, athletes tweet back fans all the time. This escalated when Bauer persisted to battle, and sent out 30 tweets and going back to year old history of her posts to insult here (seriously you would only expect from serial stalkers or trolls, not professional athletes who get tweeted at all the time). Bauer's persistence caught the attention of his fans and they decided to jump in to mock her and blew this up. To say that she should have known better and expected this from professional athlete isn't going to cut it. What she tweet him is pretty tamed compared to what goes on at twitter these days.

2 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Fans tweet at celebrities and athletes all the time in a much more derisive and negative light. Bauer took it literally and personally based on her first tweet and responded. It wouldn't have been a huge deal even from there, athletes tweet back fans all the time. This escalated when Bauer persisted to battle, and sent out 30 tweets and going back to year old history of her posts to insult here (seriously you would only expect from serial stalkers or trolls, not professional athletes who get tweeted at all the time). Bauer's persistence caught the attention of his fans and they decided to jump in to mock her and blew this up. To say that she should have known better and expected this from professional athlete isn't going to cut it. What she tweet him is pretty tamed compared to what goes on at twitter these days.

Like I said I have no sympathy for either side. Both were idiots. She is not a victim. She basically called him a 16 year old girl on her period to start the shit. I don't care that it didn't live up to the high standard of great insults from fans to celebs. Twitter is a cesspool and when you wade into a cesspool be prepared for some shit. If you can't handle it delete it . Pretty simple. This will be my last opinion on the matter because dipping my toe into that cesspool of nonsense is not something I feel the need to waste my time on. Most of us learned our lessons as children on something like this. Only morons take a stick and poke a bear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Sarava said:

Eh, he tagged in in 30 more replies after she blocked him. You don't think that's bad? He sounds like a creepy stalker.

Ok, but does that mean he had a conversation with someone and her username was still being notified for it? Or was he creating 30 new tweets and typing out her name for it?

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Like I said I have no sympathy for either side. Both were idiots. She is not a victim. She basically called him a 16 year old girl on her period to start the shit. I don't care that it didn't live up to the high standard of great insults from fans to celebs. Twitter is a cesspool and when you wade into a cesspool be prepared for some shit. If you can't handle it delete it . Pretty simple. This will be my last opinion on the matter because dipping my toe into that cesspool of nonsense is not something I feel the need to waste my time on. Most of us learned our lessons as children on something like this. Only morons take a stick and poke a bear.

Really? That is seriously a weak jab and a weak excuse. I am pretty sure Bauer knows how twitter works by now and knows the consequences of his action (with the followers he has), yet he decided to do it anyways and act like a dick in the process.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Isn’t Bauer the guy who crashed his drone into our brand new Jumbotron?  If so, fuck that dude.

It is, to each their own but he thinks he's way funnier/clever than he actually is. Dude is a tryhard

Bauer was a moron here. He's a baseball superstar, should know much better AND he was the one to go out of lines with the 30 tweet mentions of this girl.

The girl said some stupid shit initially, but that's no reason for Bauer to go ape-shit crazy stalker style 1000 on her. Especially with his status as a baseball superstar. What a moron. 

I get more heat from some video game nerds that I brush off and ignore immediately. It's not hard. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Bauer often likes to rip fans who tweet at him, kyle boddy who is the boss at driveline where he trains does that too.

But this time not even boddy defended him.

Edited by dominik-keul@gmx.de

Bauer is a tool. But why did this chick drop into this conversation? I mean if you butt in and trash someone your gonna get burned. Should Bauer have taken the high road? Absolutely. But she gets no pity from me either... Its not your conversation you were not invited. Social media or not

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Bauer is a tool. But why did this chick drop into this conversation? I mean if you butt in and trash someone your gonna get burned. Should Bauer have taken the high road? Absolutely. But she gets no pity from me either... Its not your conversation you were not invited. Social media or not

7 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Anyone find it funny that she didn't even know who Bauer was? Typical Astros bandwagon fan 😂

YES AND YES

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

She's a moron.  Someone should let her know all she has to do to end the "vicious harassment" is log off the internet and delete her twitter.  Some of these younger millenials are brain dead imo and no I am not a right winger far from it. 

Terrible take, you decide to attack the victim. Nice.

What does this make Bauer?

Edited by iWiN4PreP