winter ball stats??

soxfan420

Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

Where does this anti-Borchard talk come from? He has a long swing, so what, he can fix it. 

He'll be a .280 or .290 hitter with 30-35 HRs a year, book it.

More expectations! What if he hits .270 with 20 HRs? Youll be bloody pissed, wont ya? Those would still be good numbers but due to such high expectations he will be viewed a failure!

And Lee is a great hitter. Hes proven himself at this level. His fielding has improved and hes much more patient at the plate. Hell be fine.

And before Joe ever goes pro he should shorten that swing. These guys up here who can throw in the mid to high 90s will blow Joe away with such a long swing.

I view CLee as a failure....he can't run the bases correctly and he doesn't field all that well...who gives a s*** if he improved...he went from s***ty in the field to bad. I would still bet that 70% of leftfielders out there right now are better defensively than Carlos. And not only that, but he will be a guy that, at most, hits .275 with 30 homers, 100 RBI and 80 walks with 70 K's....you think JR will dish out the money to keep that kind of hitter when he has one in the wings? I don't think so.

If he produces a ton this year, expect him to be in a different uniform next year. That's all fine and dandy with me.

Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

OldRoman: Some scouts say he can contend for teh HR crown year in and year out. The worst a scout has said about him in .280 .290 with 30 HRs.

Has he done it yet? No. So what happens when he only hits .270 with 25 HRs? We will label him a failure. Such high expectations are why people fail.

And Im donje arguing about Lee. I think hes great and I hope he stays. So yall know my opinion, and this time it aint changing!

People fail because someone goes and says theyll hit 50 HRs and they only hit 40. He has failed the set objective hasnt he? But in the grand scheme of things he still did great. But he failed to hit ten more homers so he failed. Isnt that the way life is? Yes indeed.

And Im not talking about people sucking. Im talking about the person who does good but doesnt live up to his great expectations. This guy who hits 40 bombs instead of 50 does good even great but he doesnt live up to his even greater expectations.

Many people don't "fail" because of the hype that is brought upon them...Drew Henson has failed thus far, and Chad Hermanson could fall under that category as well. But to say people fail because of their hype is bulls***.

For instance...some people had Jon Rauch in our rotation last year and had him winning arund 10 ballgames....but did he fail because of the hype he had? No...he sucked when he was up with us at the beginning, but pitched well at the end....and he still has a lot of upside. Some people said that Todd Ritchie would be a 15 game winner for us and would help lead us to the promised land(which is your basic definition of hype)....but he didn't fail because he didn't live up to his hype. He failed because he sucked ass.

Can the opposite be true as well? Can someone be incredibly good not because they exceed their hype, but rather they played well? Can we give Mark Buehrle any credit for what he has done, or has he done it because he pitched better than his hype?

I'm done talking about this topic....because it is quite simple in my book....people fail because they suck, not because they don't live up to their hype. Failing means doing bad....hitting 25 or 30 homers when they are expected to hit 50 isn't bad....it may not be living up to their hype, but they haven't failed. You simply don't fail just because you don't live up to your hype....plain and simple. You fail because you suck.

Guest hotsoxchick1

when it comes to the white sox players.. they dont fail because of all the hype.. they fail because of the injuries ....seems the most likely answer anyhow.. lord knows we have had our share all at once during the 2001 season... most of those guys are still on the rebound (as in rauch) or just completely out of it..(as in parque)..........

Guest hotsoxchick1

thats what makes this such a great place....everyone makes everyone else look at things from a different perspective......lol.........injuries are a good reason for failure as well as many other things.........at least its a more common reason as far as our pitching staff is concerned.....hell if you can think back you could probably come up with a mile long list of those who fell to the way side because of injury alone............some come back for a while but most just fade away........