Least Favorite Sox 3rd baseman over last decade

he gone.

Who is your LEAST favorite 3rd baseman over the last decade?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. It's been quite the list over the past decade... let's pray that we have one name etched in stone for the next decade (these are all opening day starters)

• Yolmer Sanchez (2018)
    • Todd Frazier (2017&2016)
    • Conor Gillaspie (2014&2015)
    • Jeff Keppinger (2013)
    • Bret Morel (2011&12)
    • Marek Teahen (2010)
    • Josh Fields (2009)

7 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

I think a lot of us thought he was gonna be our Jeter or something ridiculous like that.  Probably correct on coming up too early, he hadn't had the time to hone his approach.

I think he would have had his difficulty adjusting the the MLB regardless of when he came up, based on his initial success and subsequent inability to adjust.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

He's one I'm skeptical about the rushing mattering. Gordon never was really pushed to develop his swing, and since he was literally destroying minor league pitching at the time he was called up there's no sign that he'd have gone into a slump in the minors and really been forced to work on getting out of it. Dude was only in Charlotte for a bit but he went 14/30. He didn't really hit slumps until he got to the big leagues, and then when he started working on his swing everything just fell apart. It'd be like calling Eloy up last year - yeah it was fast, but he was simply better than the league he was in.

This is my view as well. Sometimes players just can't make the adjustments to MLB pitching.

3 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

It's easy to look at a situation like this with the benefit of hindsight. At the time, calling him up when they did made sense because he did nothing but hit in the short time he was in the minors. But given that he ended up being a bust for lack of a better word, it's only fair to think about how his career would have fared if he had proper development time in the minors. He is the main reason why I don't want the Sox to move Anderson and Moncada to different positions. 

It fair to say but I disagree. Some players just can't adjust. It also fair to worry about switching positions. Same can apply. I worry less about Anderson as he has stated he could play anywhere. 

1 hour ago, soxfan2014 said:

This is everyone since Joe Crede? *pukes*

Uribe played 3B for a big part of 2008 when Crede was injured. Looking it up now, I was surprised to see that Crede played in 97 games. I thought I remembered him missing almost all of that season. He missed a month July into August then almost all of September. Anyway, Uribe is GOAT and we don't win the division if he didn't step in as well as he did.

• Like 1