**2019 Water-cooler Thread**

Brian

13 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Any thoughts on true detective new season.....seems pretty good although only one episode in.  More like season 1.

Just binged Maisel on Prime easy watch.

SS2k you still watch Vikings?

Still watching Vikings, though I have not watched last nights episode yet, so no spoilers!  I am enjoying the season so far a lot.

My wife's on maternity leave and blowing through tv series.

Really enjoyed one recently that's on the sundance channel/app: Deutschland 83 and it's second season Deutschland 86.

German show with East German main characters. Very stylish and fun. Hard to turn off, we went through two seasons in two nights and now I'm exhausted.

On 1/23/2019 at 6:49 AM, hogan873 said:

After watching Dark on Netflix last year, we've been looking for other foreign shows to binge.  We recently finished Killing Eve, which was great.  Also watched Trapped, an Icelandic crime thriller on Amazon.  Really good.  If you can get used to reading subtitles, I'd highly recommend it.  Just started Bodyguard on Netflix a few days ago.  Reminds me a bit of Homeland...very good.

I've been watching a bunch of Spanish/Mexican shows on Netflix to practice my Spanish, one show I found really fun is Club de Cuervos. It's about a wealthy family that owns a soccer team in Mexico, one of the better sports TV shows I've seen. It's got a lot of good acting, drama and humor (I particularly like the main character Chava). 4th and final season just dropped last weekend.

Edited by OmarComing25
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 8:52 AM, Harry Chappas said:

Any thoughts on true detective new season.....seems pretty good although only one episode in.  More like season 1.

Just binged Maisel on Prime easy watch.

SS2k you still watch Vikings?

I really liked the finale.  Great way to end it with Ayvar and Bjorn both.

• 1 month later...

Anyone watch Arrested Development Season 5?

I'm a little unsettled by how they decided to end it, in the sense that I will no longer be able to enjoy the original seasons now that I have this new perspective. I haven't enjoyed any of the Netflix seasons but this one was the worst to me. 

42 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Anyone watch Arrested Development Season 5?

I'm a little unsettled by how they decided to end it, in the sense that I will no longer be able to enjoy the original seasons now that I have this new perspective. I haven't enjoyed any of the Netflix seasons but this one was the worst to me. 

I watched half of the season previous to the new one and had enough. They killed it. Will have to read on how it ended.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Tony said:

Barry is the best show on TV. 

I need to watch this.

A smaller commitment, but "I think you should leave" on netflix cracked me up over the weekend. 16 minute episodes, only I think 6 of them, all sketch comedy from Tim robinson. There's 4-5 sketches that I still think to myself and laugh, but definitely more absurd/dude humor, my wife didn't find it very funny.

20 hours ago, Tony said:

Barry is the best show on TV. 

I thought it was hilarious but I'm not sure if I actually liked it. I get that it was some David Lynch stuff with a "WTF?" factor but honestly it kinda pulled me out of the "Implausible but hilarious" view of the show to "Too ridiculous even though it's funny" view now. The previews for next week basically confirm that what happened was reality so I'm going to let the season play out before I make a final judgement on the episode but currently it has tempered my expectations of the show.

Edited by TheTruth05

28 minutes ago, Brian said:

Anyone else watching "Killing Eve"? Jodie Comer is so good and this weeks ep was the best of the season, which started a tad slow.

I watched the first season, I really liked it. Not sure if I am just going to wait until this season ends to watch or jump in

23 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I watched the first season, I really liked it. Not sure if I am just going to wait until this season ends to watch or jump in

Wouldn't blame you for waiting to binge. ONly 8 eps per season

20 hours ago, Brian said:

Anyone else watching "Killing Eve"? Jodie Comer is so good and this weeks ep was the best of the season, which started a tad slow.

Yes.  She is amazing.  The show really is unlike anything else on TV.

• Like 1

Watched the first episode of HBO's Chernobyl.  Excellent but one of the most horrifying hours of TV.  I don't know a lot about the disaster, so it's interesting to get some background.  It's also very frustrating to see the cover-up developing from the government being stubborn and uninformed.

3 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

Isn't that the spinoff of that Z-Nation show? I've heard mixed reviews of it so far but as a fan of zombies, I'll probably check it out.

If you like zombies movies/shows it’s worth a watch.  It’s got some dumb moments, but that comes with the territory.

• Like 1