Sign in to follow this  
Brian

**2019 Water-cooler Thread**

Yeah, you either liked or hated this week's Barry. I liked it. Was a tad too convenient how he escaped in the end but the daughter cracked me up.

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Yeah, you either liked or hated this week's Barry. I liked it. Was a tad too convenient how he escaped in the end but the daughter cracked me up.

Yeah, I guess I can get the complaints, but I thought it worked. I bought it. Doesn't mean wizards are going to be in next week's episode, but I was willing to suspend some disbelief a little bit with this girl. It was the right amount of insane. 

Anyone else watching "Killing Eve"? Jodie Comer is so good and this weeks ep was the best of the season, which started a tad slow.

28 minutes ago, Brian said:

Anyone else watching "Killing Eve"? Jodie Comer is so good and this weeks ep was the best of the season, which started a tad slow.

I watched the first season, I really liked it. Not sure if I am just going to wait until this season ends to watch or jump in

23 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I watched the first season, I really liked it. Not sure if I am just going to wait until this season ends to watch or jump in

Wouldn't blame you for waiting to binge. ONly 8 eps per season

20 hours ago, Brian said:

Yes.  She is amazing.  The show really is unlike anything else on TV.

• Like 1

Watched the first episode of HBO's Chernobyl.  Excellent but one of the most horrifying hours of TV.  I don't know a lot about the disaster, so it's interesting to get some background.  It's also very frustrating to see the cover-up developing from the government being stubborn and uninformed.

14 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Anyone watch Black Summer on Netflix?  Interesting take on the zombie genre and an easy binge watch.

Isn't that the spinoff of that Z-Nation show? I've heard mixed reviews of it so far but as a fan of zombies, I'll probably check it out.

3 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

Isn't that the spinoff of that Z-Nation show? I've heard mixed reviews of it so far but as a fan of zombies, I'll probably check it out.

If you like zombies movies/shows it’s worth a watch.  It’s got some dumb moments, but that comes with the territory.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 8:57 AM, soxfan2014 said:

It’s supposed to be the prequel to Z-Nation.  It was okay but it had a serious tone to it.  I am liking Z-Nation much more due to the humor and Murphy is awesome.

• Like 1

I'm a little late but that cliffhanger in the last "Barry" was amazing. I'm so hyped for the season finale

• Like 1

That Barry season finale was amazing. I am so bummed we have to wait for S3 right now.

7 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

That Barry season finale was amazing. I am so bummed we have to wait for S3 right now.

The acting is so good and plot Is so well constructed. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 1:11 AM, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

New season of Black Mirror AND Handmaid's Tale released at midnight. Can't wait to watch both.

“Striking Vipers” was ok but tries being male “San Junipero” too much. Some bad dialogue.

Starting “Smithereens”

6 hours ago, Brian said:

“Striking Vipers” was ok but tries being male “San Junipero” too much. Some bad dialogue.

Starting “Smithereens”

I thought the Miley Cyrus one was pretty bad. Or at least, not Black Mirror style.

Smithereens was pretty decent. Probably forgettable in the grand scheme, but worth watching. Haven't seen Striking Vipers yet.

I'd call Smithereens a waste of an hour. Slow, dull, and no pay off.

On 6/7/2019 at 8:18 AM, Brian said:

I'd call Smithereens a waste of an hour. Slow, dull, and no pay off.

I liked the reveal, and I liked how the reveal is probably something that happens and you, or at least I, would never even think about as being what can actually happen from that.

8 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Those were the three worst Black Mirror episodes of all time.  Complete and utter trash.

Can't agree with that, but it was definitely the worst season, by a long shot. I thought Smithereens was pretty solid. I hated the Ashley O one. Striking Vipers was mostly bad, and frankly just weird.

15 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Those were the three worst Black Mirror episodes of all time.  Complete and utter trash.

I thought "Striking Vipers" was fine. Agree the other two were not good though.

Striking Vipers, out of nowhere making out in a VR game.  The interactions were ridiculous and unbelievable throughout the entire episode.

Smithereens was decent but there wasn’t any payoff.

Ashley O was an entire commercial for Miley Cyrus.  The dumbest all time episode of Black Mirror.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

"Fleabag" on Amazon Prime is pretty good.