2019 OD Bullpen Prediction Thread

Chicago White Sox

With the additions of Colome & Herrera along with picking up Jones’ option, the Sox are absolutely loaded with potential bullpen arms.  Those three guys and Fry are guranteed spots and should make up the back-end of the pen.  That leaves three or four spots for the following guys (an asterisk demotes said player is out of options).  

Who do you think wins those last few spots?

• Aaron Bummer, LHP
  • Caleb Frare, LHP
  • Manny Banuelos, LHP*
  • Ian Hamilton, RHP
  • Dylan Covey, RHP
  • Juan Minaya, RHP*
  • Ryan Burr, RHP
  • Jose Ruiz, RHP
  • Carson Fulmer, RHP
  • Thyago Vieira, RHP
  • Jordan Stephens, RHP
  • Randall Delgado, RHP (NRI)
  • Zack Burdi, RHP (NRI)

Out of this group, I think Hamilton is the closest thing to a lock.  I also think at least one of Bummer or Frare makes it as the second lefty.  After that, I think it comes down to one or two of Covey, Banuelos, & Minaya.  My official predication at this time would be Hamilton, Frare, & Banuelos, with Covey as the 8th man if they go that route.  I think Minaya gets dealt in spring training if the back-end guys stay healthy.

34 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

With the additions of Colome & Herrera along with picking up Jones’ option, the Sox are absolutely loaded with potential bullpen arms.  Those three guys and Fry are guranteed spots and should make up the back-end of the pen.  That leaves three or four spots for the following guys (an asterisk demotes said player is out of options).  

Who do you think wins those last few spots?

• Aaron Bummer, LHP
  • Caleb Frare, LHP
  • Manny Banuelos, LHP*
  • Ian Hamilton, RHP
  • Dylan Covey, RHP
  • Juan Minaya, RHP*
  • Ryan Burr, RHP
  • Jose Ruiz, RHP
  • Carson Fulmer, RHP
  • Thyago Vieira, RHP
  • Jordan Stephens, RHP
  • Randall Delgado, RHP (NRI)
  • Zack Burdi, RHP (NRI)

Out of this group, I think Hamilton is the closest thing to a lock.  I also think at least one of Bummer or Frare makes it as the second lefty.  After that, I think it comes down to one or two of Covey, Banuelos, & Minaya.  My official predication at this time would be Hamilton, Frare, & Banuelos, with Covey as the 8th man if they go that route.  I think Minaya gets dealt in spring training if the back-end guys stay healthy.

That's a lot of pitchers for 4 spots.  But most have options, fortunately.
Frare
Bummer
Hamilton
Covey or Stephens (one is 5th  starter)

Edited by GreenSox

10 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

They may give Minaya a chance, but he’s first to go IMO. At least 5 relievers that will likely start in Charlotte have much higher upside.

Minaya will be up periodically throughout the year. He’s nothing more than AAAA material.

9 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Minaya will be up periodically throughout the year. He’s nothing more than AAAA material.

Minaya is out of options. Unless he completely implodes in ST, he's going to be a lock. That always leans in a player's favor. Doesn't mean they won't be quick to cut him, but he will not be up/down over the course of the season.

Going to go with:

CP - Colome

SU - Herrera

SU - Fry

MR - Jones

MR - Hamilton

MR - Minaya

MR - Frare

LR - Covey

I absolutely believe they are going with 13 pitchers again. Banuelos as the 5th starter to start the year.

• Like 1