Farmer and DJ back on radio for 2019

southsider2k5

34 minutes ago, peppers312 said:

maybe i'm alone but i'm not a fan of Benetti...

dude talks WAY too much. sometimes silence is great. 

He sounds kind of bored and insincere. His joke writer needs a furlough. Stone seems to not interact well with him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Wayne Hagin and John Rooney were the best team I can ever remember...Gary Thorne was also pretty good, although he's even better at hockey. 

Dave Wills was the best pre-game host, didn't care much for Rongey.  McKnight was "okay" I guess, neutral feeling.

McKnight was a welcomed relief from Rongey, who used to be a jerk to the callers. I’m glad he’s gone. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bschmaranz said:

I think you're the first one I've heard say that.

Benetti and Stone are two smartass for me; both try to be to clever like two snarky smartasses.  I’ll take Farmio and DJ over those two clowns any day. I love DJ and he tells it like it is. 

I was excited to get Hawk out of here but last year, Jason didn't really win me over. Tries too much to do one liners and be funny instead of just talking about the game. Hopefully when he is FT this year, he improves.

I've been vocal about Farmer frequently. He is just too boring and monotonous to be a radio guy. Maybe we were spoiled by Rooney but a younger more energetic voice would be welcome on radio.

17 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Farmio is a horrible PBP guy. I can't wait until they get him the fuck off of the radio team. I don't even consider listening to games on the radio because he's so gawd awful at his job. 

My biggest issue with Farmer is that he openly hates his job on the air. Every single game he drones on and on about how long the previous game was and how late they got back to the hotel, how bad the travel is etc etc.

You get paid to watch White Sox baseball. That's the best job in the world.

4 hours ago, lasttriptotulsa said:

I'm not a big fan either. He's okay but he's not nearly as funny as he thinks he is.

i think he has a great baseball voice, he just needs to temper some of the b.s. about his toys and giveaways and sometimes concede the arguments he tends to get into with Stoney. 

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 3:59 PM, bschmaranz said:

I think you're the first one I've heard say that.

I feel the same way. He has a good voice, but a lot of his talk seems unnatural or forced. Hopefully he improves as time goes on.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:56 PM, chetkincaid said:

McKnight was a welcomed relief from Rongey, who used to be a jerk to the callers. I’m glad he’s gone. 

Rongey was terrible. Nothing was ever the team's fault. Everyone calling was a moron and didn't understand baseball (which was only true about half the time). And he's massive scumbag to boot. For as much of a self-important pseudo-intellectual as Rongey is, you'd think he was writing influential investigative journalism and not performing verbal analingus on a horrible baseball franchise.

• Like 1