Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

Farmer and DJ back on radio for 2019

Recommended Posts

I love listening to these guys. Brings me back to my childhood. I started watching Sox games with Hawk and DJ in the booth. I think Ed and DJ compliment each other very well and I hope they both stay on for a while longer.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Farmio is a horrible PBP guy. I can't wait until they get him the fuck off of the radio team. I don't even consider listening to games on the radio because he's so gawd awful at his job. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, peppers312 said:

maybe i'm alone but i'm not a fan of Benetti...

dude talks WAY too much. sometimes silence is great. 

I think you're the first one I've heard say that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, peppers312 said:

maybe i'm alone but i'm not a fan of Benetti...

dude talks WAY too much. sometimes silence is great. 

He sounds kind of bored and insincere. His joke writer needs a furlough. Stone seems to not interact well with him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wayne Hagin and John Rooney were the best team I can ever remember...Gary Thorne was also pretty good, although he's even better at hockey. 

Dave Wills was the best pre-game host, didn't care much for Rongey.  McKnight was "okay" I guess, neutral feeling.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still miss the great  broadcasts  of Bob Elson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Wayne Hagin and John Rooney were the best team I can ever remember...Gary Thorne was also pretty good, although he's even better at hockey. 

Dave Wills was the best pre-game host, didn't care much for Rongey.  McKnight was "okay" I guess, neutral feeling.

McKnight was a welcomed relief from Rongey, who used to be a jerk to the callers. I’m glad he’s gone. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bschmaranz said:

I think you're the first one I've heard say that.

Benetti and Stone are two smartass for me; both try to be to clever like two snarky smartasses.  I’ll take Farmio and DJ over those two clowns any day. I love DJ and he tells it like it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, peppers312 said:

maybe i'm alone but i'm not a fan of Benetti...

dude talks WAY too much. sometimes silence is great. 

I'm not a big fan either. He's okay but he's not nearly as funny as he thinks he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stone & Bennetti are much better than Farmer & DJ, and I wouldn't even consider it close, but to each his own.  If I had a nickel for every time Farmer called for a HR (or a slam here, ask he likes to put it), I'd have a shitload of nickels.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was excited to get Hawk out of here but last year, Jason didn't really win me over. Tries too much to do one liners and be funny instead of just talking about the game. Hopefully when he is FT this year, he improves.

I've been vocal about Farmer frequently. He is just too boring and monotonous to be a radio guy. Maybe we were spoiled by Rooney but a younger more energetic voice would be welcome on radio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Farmio is a horrible PBP guy. I can't wait until they get him the fuck off of the radio team. I don't even consider listening to games on the radio because he's so gawd awful at his job. 

My biggest issue with Farmer is that he openly hates his job on the air. Every single game he drones on and on about how long the previous game was and how late they got back to the hotel, how bad the travel is etc etc.

You get paid to watch White Sox baseball. That's the best job in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, pcq said:

Stone seems to not interact well with him. 

THIS is exactly how i feel when i hear them interact with one another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lasttriptotulsa said:

I'm not a big fan either. He's okay but he's not nearly as funny as he thinks he is.

i think he has a great baseball voice, he just needs to temper some of the b.s. about his toys and giveaways and sometimes concede the arguments he tends to get into with Stoney. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 11:41 AM, peppers312 said:

i think he has a great baseball voice, he just needs to temper some of the b.s. about his toys and giveaways and sometimes concede the arguments he tends to get into with Stoney. 

All it takes is for a good team to be on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Paciorek subs I like to listen to him, but I think it is more TV than radio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 3:59 PM, bschmaranz said:

I think you're the first one I've heard say that.

I feel the same way. He has a good voice, but a lot of his talk seems unnatural or forced. Hopefully he improves as time goes on.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:56 PM, chetkincaid said:

McKnight was a welcomed relief from Rongey, who used to be a jerk to the callers. I’m glad he’s gone. 

Rongey was terrible. Nothing was ever the team's fault. Everyone calling was a moron and didn't understand baseball (which was only true about half the time). And he's massive scumbag to boot. For as much of a self-important pseudo-intellectual as Rongey is, you'd think he was writing influential investigative journalism and not performing verbal analingus on a horrible baseball franchise.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×