Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

NCsoxfan

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Based on an interview Hahn did with Chuck on his latest podcast, a deal fell through this offseason due to it leaking on Twitter. Β It really sounds like it was the Joc Pederson tradeΒ and Hahn said he was pretty pissed about it.

Yeah okay, whatever Hahn says. I'm sure it had nothing to do with missing out on MM and not wanting to add him as well.Β 

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Based on an interview Hahn did with Chuck on his latest podcast, a deal fell through this offseason due to it leaking on Twitter. Β It really sounds like it was the Joc Pederson tradeΒ and Hahn said he was pretty pissed about it.

Certainly seemed that way. Sounded like they had a deal agreed to in principal, it leaked, then the asking price changed and other teams got involved.

3 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Certainly seemed that way. Sounded like they had a deal agreed to in principal, it leaked, then the asking price changed and other teams got involved.

Which is why he was traded to one of those teams making a better offer?

• Like 1

Just now, justBLAZE said:

I think poster is trying to say, Sox changed their mind on Joc trade after Machado fiasco, since adding Joc would make little sense now.

By making up his anger about the trade being leaked as the reason it failed, which then would be unrelated to its failure.Β 

2 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

I think poster is trying to say, Sox changed their mind on Joc trade after Machado fiasco, since adding Joc would make little sense now.

Didn’t the Joc trade leak out around Soxfest, which was a few weeks before Machado even signed? Β We had multiple people here plus WSD claim a deal had been agreed to. Β I see zero reason Hahn would lieΒ about this and give the rumored price (which seemed light) I’m not surprised if other teams reached out to the Dodgers shortly thereafter.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Didn’t the Joc trade leak out around Soxfest, which was a few weeks before Machado even signed? Β We had multiple people here plus WSD claim a deal had been agreed to. Β I see zero reason Hahn would lieΒ about this and give the rumored price (which seemed light) I’m not surprised if other teams reached out to the Dodgers shortly thereafter.

Then why didn't the Dodgers accept one of those offers??

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Which is why he was traded to one of those teams making a better offer?

The rumored offer was incredibly light though. Β It’sΒ very possible a team or teams reached out to the Dodgers after they saw the names included in our offer (Fulmer, Bummer) and Friedman simply decided now was not the right to move him and that he could get more at a later date from one of those clubs.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That makes no sense to me at all. The only way I can imagine that being plausible is if the leak led another team to jump in and outbid the White Sox for a player. Which, since Pederson has not been traded, would lead me to believe that some kind of leak is not what stopped it from happening.Β 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Dodgers aren't allowed to change their mind? Maybe they felt no one met their asking price once multiple teams got involved. It isn't like they had to move him.Β 

Then it wasn't stopped by the deal leaking, it was stopped by it being a bad deal.

"I was going to sell my car for $3000, but then I told a couple people and then this other offer came along for $4000, so I just decided to keep driving it. But if only no one had been told about the $3000 offer I'd have taken it". - the Dodgers?

1 minute ago, Eminor3rd said:

That makes no sense to me at all. The only way I can imagine that being plausible is if the leak led another team to jump in and outbid the White Sox for a player. Which, since Pederson has not been traded, would lead me to believe that some kind of leak is not what stopped it from happening.Β 

So you think Hahn is making it up then?

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Dodgers GM might of just been mad it was leaked by the Sox side and decided to pull the deal off the table. We'll never know.

This would be a pretty sad temper tantrum by the Dodgers org. If they thought they had a fair offer on the table and pulled it back because the White Sox were unprofessional, it wouldn't speak highly of either of them.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Then it wasn't stopped by the deal leaking, it was stopped by it being a bad deal.

"I was going to sell my car for $3000, but then I told a couple people and then this other offer came along for $4000, so I just decided to keep driving it".

It was stopped by the deal leaking because other teams reached out to Friedman once they saw the terms, which caused Andrew to increase hisΒ ask to Hahn. Β Like I said previously, Friedman may have felt from those conversations that he could extract more value by waiting until a later date (potentially into the season)Β and than taking the White Sox’s current offer of Fulmer, Bummer, and third piece.

Not sure why this is so far fetched. Β We know the same type ofΒ thing happened with Quintana the offseason before we dealt him. Β While that wasn’t related to a Twitter leak (I don’t believe), we still ended up holding him for like sevenΒ months after having initially havingΒ a framework for trade agreed to with a different club. Β Deals fall apart all the time for all sorts of reasons.

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

"I was going to sell my car for $3000, but then I told a couple people and then this other offer came along for $4000, so I just decided to keep driving it. But if only no one had been told about the $3000 offer I'd have taken it". - the Dodgers?

I never said it was a good deal for the Dodgers. Bummer + Fulmer + Laz is nothing to be excited about.Β It was a bad deal.Β But you don't think it is possible that the Dodgers might have undervalued Joc, only to come to their senses and realize that they might be acting prematurely regarding his trade value? That's a reasonable scenario if you ask me. In fact, it happened when the Sox dealt Sergio Santos to the Blue Jays. There was even a GM on record saying he had no idea Santos was even available. That was a terribly weak return.

3 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I never said it was a good deal for the Dodgers. Bummerο»Ώ + Fulmer + Laz is nothing to be excited about.Β It was a bad deal.Β But you don't think it is possible that the Dodgers might have undervalued Joc, only to come to their senses and realize that they might be acting prematurely regarding his trade value? That's a reasonable scenario if you ask me. In fact, it happened when the Sox dealt Sergio Santos to the Blue Jays. There was even a GM on record saying he had no idea Santos was even available. That was a terribly weak return.

Then what right does little Ricky have to be pissed if he was trying to rip another team off and they got wise to his act?

2 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I never said it was a good deal for the Dodgers. Bummer + Fulmer + Laz is nothing to be excited about.Β It was a bad deal.Β But you don't think it is possible that the Dodgers might have undervalued Joc, only to come to their senses and realize that they might be acting prematurely regarding his trade value? That's a reasonable scenario if you ask me. In fact, it happened when the Sox dealt Sergio Santos to the Blue Jays. There was even a GM on record saying he had no idea Santos was even available. That was a terribly weak return.

Exactly. Β Seems entirely plausible to me.