Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

NCsoxfan

2 minutes ago, Princess Dye said:

A few FutureSox / Loop Sports people seem to be suggesting this could be true.Β  I don't know if that is worth more than bupkis, but in theory they could have seen some LA scouts etc since they follow the prospects. Who knows

I am confused by their belief. Is it because the rumor makes so much sense? That what it seems like.Β 

8 minutes ago, Fuagman said:

Saw that but do not see Sox trading someone who can make legitimate impact on roster when he’s up. All those guys I mentioned will be up at the same time and blocked byΒ the elite prospects. Bryce bush is like 19

Unless you lock in 3B for the next 10 years... Bush then becomes expendable theoretically, right? Looks like Pederson is a FA in 2021. He certainly is better than Engel, and by that time you'd hope one of Basabe, Robert, or Gonzalez can push him out of CF.

I've just heard from an insider that the Joc rumor is legit. Not my source, but someone who can be trusted. If Fulmer and Bummer are the price, you slam dunk that shit now. Bryce Bush would be a tough one to swallow, but I would completely understand why the Dodgers the trade more from the Dodgers side if he was included.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Unless you lock in 3B for the next 10 years... Bush then becomes expendable theoretically, right? Looks like Pederson is a FA in 2021. He certainly is better than Engel, and by that time you'd hope one of Basabe, Robert, or Gonzalez can push him out of CF.

I think they've talked about moving him around. Even first base.

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I've just heard from an insider that the Joc rumor is legit. Not my source, but someone who can be trusted. If Fulmer and Bummer are the price, you slam dunk that shit now. Bryce Bush would be a tough one to swallow, but I would completely understand why the Dodgers the trade more from the Dodgers side if he was included.

To me, if you get Manny, then you make this move. Β If you miss on the Big 2, then no thanks. Β Joc has 2 more years of control.

Looking at the Pederson rumor list I can squint and envision the following scenario.

1. Sox are close with Machado, and want to add another bat to the OF. Jimenez, Jay,Β  Pederson, Engel, and Delmonico is a solid OF grouping.

2. Dodgers are still sniffing around Harper and want to free up a slot. Either that or Pollack rumor is true and Dodgers still need roster spot.

3. Sox and LA train together and see each others minor leaguers often. Could they see something in Fulmer? Bummer could help immediately.Β 

4. With Manny in the fold, Bryce Bush becomes a lot less important to the Sox

Or this is all trash and an exercise in futility.Β 

• Heads22 changed the title to JocTalk.com - Waiting......