Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

NCsoxfan

This trade only makes sense to me if the Sox are trading expendable bullpen arms or something of that nature. Β I like Bummer and still have hope for Fulmer, but those are pieces you easily move for a guy like like Joc. Β I also think this means you pretty much have to add a legit SP to anchor the rotation, because Joc is a β€œgo for it” move.

So let’s say we sign Machado, trade Bummer & FulmerΒ for Joc, and then go out andΒ sign Kuechel to top it all off. Β Can this team compete for a playoff spot next year? Β Probably still needΒ a couple breakouts from Moncada, Lopez, Rodon, etc, but suddenly you can squint & see a path to contention while maintaining all our prospectΒ depth.

• Lineup:
  • 1) Moncada, 2B
  • 2) Machado, 3B
  • 3) Abreu, DH
  • 4) Pederson, CF
  • 5) Jimenez, LF
  • 6) Alonso, 1B
  • 7) Castillo, C
  • 😎 Jay, RF
  • 9. Anderson, SS
  • Bench:
  • IF: Sanchez
  • OF: Engel
  • UT: Rondon
  • BC: McCann
  • Rotation:
  • Keuchel (LH)
  • Lopez (RH)
  • Rodon (LH)
  • Nova (RH)
  • Giolito (RH)
  • Bullpen:
  • CL: Herrera
  • SU: Colome
  • SU: Fry
  • MR: Jones
  • MR: Frare
  • MR: Hamilton
  • LR: Covey

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This trade only makes sense to me if the Sox are trading expendable bullpen arms or something of that nature. Β I like Bummer and still have hope for Fulmer, but those are pieces you easily move for a guy like like Joc. Β I also think this means you pretty much have to add a legit SP to anchor the rotation, because Joc is a β€œgo for it” move.

So let’s say we sign Machado, trade Bummer & FulmerΒ for Joc, and then go out andΒ sign Kuechel to top it all off. Β Can this team compete for a playoff spot next year? Β Probably still needΒ a couple breakouts from Moncada, Lopez, Rodon, etc, but suddenly you can squint & see a path to contention while maintaining all our prospectΒ depth.

• Lineup:
  • 1) Moncada, 2B
  • 2) Machado, 3B
  • 3) Abreu, DH
  • 4) Pederson, CF
  • 5) Jimenez, LF
  • 6) Alonso, 1B
  • 7) Castillo, C
  • 😎 Jay, RF
  • 9. Anderson, SS
  • Bench:
  • IF: Sanchez
  • OF: Engel
  • UT: Rondon
  • BC: McCann
  • Rotation:
  • Keuchel (LH)
  • Lopez (RH)
  • Rodon (LH)
  • Nova (RH)
  • Giolito (RH)
  • Bullpen:
  • CL: Herrera
  • SU: Colome
  • SU: Fry
  • MR: Jones
  • MR: Frare
  • MR: Hamilton
  • LR: Covey

Where you putting Palka?

6 hours ago, Whitesox27 said:

This deal seems like it would make a lot of sense for both sides. Sox get a quality outfielder and a guy they can slot into the #5 spot in the starting rotation, while the Dodgers clear some salary and get two potential bullpen pieces who are young and under team control for awhile.Β 

If you think about it, it probably makes more sense for the Sox to sign Pollock. He is better than Joc. You don’t have to pay Hill $18-19 million for probably 125 innings. And you keep your prospects.

Β 

if it is just Fuller and Bummer, I could see why they would do it. But they have to add to that, it would be showing a lot of impatience.Β 

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If you think about it, it probably makes more sense for the Sox to sign Pollock. He is better than Joc. You don’t have to pay Hill $18-19 million for probably 125 innings. And you keep your prospects.

Β 

if it is just Fuller and Bummer, I could see why they would do it. But they have to add to that, it would be showing a lot of impatience.Β 

Pollock costs you a pick though and would also lock up more payroll in years 3, 4 etc.Β 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Bummer on the other hand is someone I'll gladly trade for Joc. Same for Jace Fry.Β 

Jace Fry was nasty AFΒ last yearΒ and is a pretty integral piece to our bullpen. Β Plus Β he has five years of control. Β Trading him Β for JocΒ seems counter-productive IMO.

7 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Something I just happen to think about....

Β 

Would be slick as fuck for them to dump any of those guys while they still have value. And only way MLB could tell them they can't trade them is if they basically know they got them pinned. Hmm.

While I think there might be something to them using a trade as a loophole for punishment, there is little chance the league offices would approve the trade if they know the punishment is coming soon. On top of that, I think the players involved really only seem to be the Cuban guys because I think what they were accused of was basically human trafficking as opposed to packaging players and circumventing the cap like the Braves did. There are a couple guys that fit the Cuban player timeline that they have already traded (Yusniel Diaz, Yordan Alvarez) but the only guys they have left that fit the description and are seemingly worth anything are Yadier Alvarez and Omar Estevez.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

In Charlotte as part of the greatest AAAAΒ OF ever with Nicky, Tilson, & Cordell.

Yeah, if he has an option left sending him to to work with our new analytics guys and the new AAA hitting coach might be better for any long term potential than just platooning him in the majors. It could also give him some experience at first so he can have some versatility instead of potentially being stuck as a DH only.Β 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Pollock costs you a pick though and would also lock up more payroll in years 3, 4 etc.Β 

Yup, Joc would be a perfectΒ bridge to our OF prospects because by 2021 a good chunk of themΒ should be ready. Β It really comes down to the cost though. If it can happen for excess arms, which will have to happen at some point given our 40 man roster issues, I’m all for it.

26 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

Where you putting Palka?

Trade Palka in the Pederson deal. Hell there's a long list of guys to trade . Palka. Delmonico, any young reliever , Leury Garcia

Palka is Pederson without the fielding ability and without Pederson's experience so you trade years of control for defense and throw in a pitcher to balance it. if Hill is part of the deal don't give them much more for helping them with salary cap. After all they could change mind on Harper then and if Sox have any inclination of getting Harper tooΒ  we can't help the Dodgers too much. Delmonico,Fulmer might as well dump any redundant excess older OF's we can now.

No on Bryce Bush , He might be the Bryce we actually want. Our scraps for old injury plagued pitcher,Β  decentΒ  part time OF , and salary cap reduction.

It seems smarter to get PedersonΒ and Hill for basically table scrapsΒ than paying Years 4-5 on Pollock and losing the draft pick.

Pollock, on a three year deal, that would be fine.

To the Dodgers clearing all that payroll space for Pollock makes MORE sense, because they really need the RH hitting outfielder to balance things out and we could definitely use a lefty for ours.

Pollock and Pederson are both hitters with pretty high variability who could end up 1 or 5 but shoul end closer to 3.

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Trade Palka in the Pederson deal. Hell there's a long list of guys to trade . Palka. Delmonico, any young reliever , Leury Garcia

Palka is Pederson without the fielding ability and without Pederson's experience so you trade years of control for defense and throw in a pitcher to balance it. if Hill is part of the deal don't give them much more for helping them with salary cap. After all they could change mind on Harper then and if Sox have any inclination of getting Harper tooΒ  we can't help the Dodgers too much. Delmonico,Fulmer might as well dump any redundant excess older OF's we can now.

No on Bryce Bush , He might be the Bryce we actually want. Our scraps for old injury plagued pitcher,Β  decentΒ  part time OF , and salary cap reduction.

He still has a role unless we’re going to start Leury or add Markakis/Jones into the RF mix as well.

The Dodgers most assuredly don’t need any more LH hitting outfielders who can’t even defend a corner position...and he’s the type of hitter who needs regular playing time with that type of hitting approach.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s only struck out in ~20% of his plate appearances over the last two seasons.

If you just looked at the numbers and threw out Harper’s 10 fWAR season and Pederson’s 0.6 in 2017...Pederson would look like an $80-110 million player when hitting free agency at 28/29.

And you’d essentiallyΒ be getting him without a significant dent in your prospect list. Β Not to mention, the rotation would be much more competitive on a daily basis,Β you could slot Covey for the bullpen ANDΒ provide Fulmer another shot to get his career back on track.

Joc is not bad. I have always kind of hoped the Sox went after him the last couple of years. Seems to be the odd man out in LA all the time but is still a good player. But at this point, if you are going to lose him in 2 seasons, giving up value doesn’t make a lot of sense. Bummer, fine. He seems like he will be OK, but acquiring someone similar shouldn’t be too hard if needed. Fuller, OK. It doesn’t look like the Sox plan for him is working. Even Frye, it’s not like he is Billy Wagner or even Zach Britton. Next man up is probably just as likely to be around 3 or 4 years from now. But a guy like Bush maycome back to haunt them. Especially is Joc is a 2 year guy.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

He still has a role unless we’re going to start Leury or add Markakis/Jones into the RF mix as well.

The Dodgers most assuredly don’t need any more LH hitting outfielders who can’t even defend a corner position...and he’s the type of hitter who needs regular playing time with that type of hitting approach.

Who still has a role ? Palka ? Not here if we have Pederson. Besides I don't care about the Dodgers needs. I want to win the trade. Dodgers want salary relief and OF space. They aren't going to get shit player wise.

• Heads22 changed the title to JocTalk.com - Waiting......