Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

NCsoxfan

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

You have a lot more faith in our draft scouting than I do :)

I don't think he's going to become an uber prospect like Tatis is, but I do think that he's going to end up sneaking on the bottom of T100 lists by the end of the year.Β 

I have very little faith in their scouting too, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.Β 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I don't think he's going to become an uber prospect like Tatis is, but I do think that he's going to end up sneaking on the bottom of T100 lists by the end of the year.Β 

That would be an astronomical leap. He’s an intriguing prospect, but if you can get a 3 WAR outfielder with two years of cheap control for him, then that’s an outstanding draft pick.

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Braves are close to getting an outfielder though, so unless it’s Joc in the next few days, I doubt they would match up down the road.

So be it then. Let the Braves acquire him. There's no great need for him on the Sox in those 2 years. Braves are a contender those years. We are not.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

If they do this move, I truly feel like it’s because they are gonna get Manny and plan on competing in 2019.

I agree. Β If we canΒ get Manny, Joc, and another decent SP, we’d be in a spot to compete next year with few breakout performances from our young guys. Β I wouldn’t want to eat into our prospect depth to take that chance, but if the price isΒ redundant pieces (Bummer, Fulmer, etc) then by all means do it.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I agree. Β If we canΒ get Manny, Joc, and another decent SP, we’d be in a spot to compete next year with few breakout performances from our young guys. Β I wouldn’t want to eat into our prospect depth to take that chance, but if the price isΒ redundant pieces (Bummer, Fulmer, etc) then by all means do it.

Yup you can’t count on competing but you’ve created a situation where if prospects succeed, they’re rewarded with a good team around them

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

That would be an astronomical leap. He’s an intriguing prospect, but if you can get a 3 WAR outfielder with two years of cheap control for him, then that’s an outstanding draft pick.

It actually was an outstanding draft pick. Everyone expected him to honor his commitment to Mississippi St. and the Sox paid him overslot and got him in the 33rd. round. Perfect Game ranked him 52nd in his senior year of all the preps in the country. You just don't give that up ever for a guy the Dodgers have to get rid of.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yes it's fantastic if you think Fulmer is going to be nothing. But he still was a 1st round pick and still has potential.Pederson means nothing to the Sox after his 2 years are up. It;s just very difficult to give up on Fulmer for a guy who adds nothing in contention years except for possible trade value before his contract expires while his OF skills diminish as he gets older. How much longer do you think he can play CF ? Pederson was an 11th round pick that the Dodgers got great value from but they know his days of value are closing fast.

Regarding Pederson’s ability to playΒ CF, it’s debatable but at the very minimum he can play there if needed over the next two years and realistically he hits well enough to be the strong side platoon inΒ RF. Β Again, this all depends on the price. Β I have no problem getting rid of Fulmer at this point because IΒ question our ability to turn him intoΒ a quality reliever and we have a ton of guys that are similar to him. Β He’s also on his last option. Β I’d be more concerned about giving up Bummer because I reallyΒ think he’ll become a quality left-handed reliever in the pros.

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That's a lot of IF's . If we get Manny. If we get Joc ,if we get a decent starting pitcher (from where I have no idea), If we have a FEW (not just one) breakout. I love the optimism I really truly do but Manny is the big enchilada and he must be attained before any of that is considered .

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That's a lot of IF's . If we get Manny. If we get Joc ,if we get a decent starting pitcher (from where I have no idea), If we have a FEW (not just one) breakout. I love the optimism I really truly do but Manny is the big enchilada and he must be attained before any of that is considered .

I am sure the A's and Braves had a lot of IF's last year as well. Maybe for once we can be that team

47 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The guy can play against RH pitching and won't be a CF long. He is declining in value whether or not you agree.

Based on hisΒ UZR/150 last year, I’m not sure moving him to corner would actually hurt his value that much. Β And he had ~140 wRC+ / .900 OPS against lefties last year as a 26 year old. Β I don’t agree that his value is eroding, I think he’s simply evolving into a quality strong side platoon OF.

Also, if we are actually thinking about going for it next yearΒ (which remains to be seen), we need some left-handed bats to combat the Indians allΒ righty rotation. Β Adding Pederson to the middle of our lineup would have a huge impact in that sense.

44 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

All I can say, is that trading Bryce Bush is likely to end up like Tatis part deux.Β  It would prove they have learned nothing from the Tatis fiasco.Β 

Β 

39 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I have very little faith in their scouting too, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.Β 

How can you say trading Bryce Bush is going to end up like Tatis part II and then 4 minutes later say Bush will never be a great prospect and will merely sneak into the top 100 at best? Tatis might be the #2 prospect in baseball. They got a rapidly declining SP for him and paid him a lot of money. You're saying Bush could be the #95-#100 prospect in baseball. They would be getting a productive LH OF in return for him. There is literally no similarity.

Edited by soxfan49
  • Like 3

• Heads22 changed the title to JocTalk.com - Waiting......