Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

NCsoxfan

The problem with Tatis wasn't that it happened. It's that the thought process took us there in a year where we weren't a "shields" away. The Cubs trading away Gleyber was the same type of situation, but it was done at a moment for max short term benefit + results. (and gleyber was way less of a lotto ticket in that moment. than tatis)

Edited by Princess Dye

16 minutes ago, shipps said:

One of the byproducts of Tatis is going to be Sox fans constant paranoia and heightened sense of overvaluing prospects. We always over valued prospects before but it’s going to be worse now. Not that the Sox should be giving away all they have but cmon guys we can’t be afraid every time a prospect goes for a proven player.Β 

On the flip side, there's a difference between trading Bryce Bush, who should have been a 6th rounder, lit up the AZL, and will be in the Top 30, and tradingΒ Yordi Rosario.

The people that moaned about trading Rosario for Nova are always going to complain. Bush just shouldn't be traded this early.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wanne said:

Palka's lost 10-15 lbs this off season and has been working out at GA Tech all winter on his D.Β  Curious to see the progress if any he's made.Β  Probably in the same neighborhood as Schwarber...which was still meh at best.Β  Don't get me wrong tho...I love me some Daniel Palka!

If you watch videoΒ of Danny boy he had really beefed up the last couple seasons. Now back the other way.Β 

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

On the flip side, there's a difference between trading Bryce Bush, who should have been a 6th rounder, lit up the AZL, and will be in the Top 30, and tradingΒ Yordi Rosario.

The people that moaned about trading Rosario for Nova are always going to complain. Bush just shouldn't be traded this early.

If you can avoid trading a 19 year old with upside it would be a good thing. But people are already showing outrage about it when we have no idea if this trade will happen or involve Bush.Β 

1 minute ago, shipps said:

If you can avoid trading a 19 year old with upside it would be a good thing. But people are already showing outrage about it when we have no idea if this trade will happen or involve Bush.Β 

Considering nothing ever happens in baseball now I think it’s okay to play the ifs.

If they must do this, they need to trade the type of players that they acquired in their secondary trades:Β  guys close to Rule 5 (including those not close to the majors), older Β prospects whose progress is slowing, etc.Β  Even some relievers off of the 40 man.Β  Β Cordell and Madeiros would make sense.

The "outrage" is a team that is rebuilding, off of 62 wins, trading for a 2 year player.Β  You don't just try to avoid trading a 19 year old with upside in these circumstances...you just don't do it.Β Β 

Edited by GreenSox

2 minutes ago, drgiggles15 said:

Screenshot_20190120-130801_Twitter.jpg

All this illustrates is how bad the Sox were in 2018 and even with Manny and Joc 2019 and 2020 aren't years where we need Joc. Pitching wasn't any better and the pitching is where we aren't ready the most. Maybe .500 or better in 2020 if I wear my special Sox colored glasses.

1 minute ago, KiwiSox said:

They aren't going to trade Bryce Bush. I dont a ***SOURCE*** to tell me that. Just common sense.

It'll be something like Luis Basabe and one of the minor league bullpen arms.

πŸ˜‚ are you trying to cause a riot?

• Like 1

Joc Pederson is good. He posted a 125 wRC+ last year with 25 homers. He's bad vs LHP but put up a 139 wRC+ vs RHP with a wOBA of .374. About a 3 WAR player. If they can get it done for Bummer/Fulmer, it'd be fantastic. I hope that Rich Hill is involved personally and taking on that $$ lessens the prospect load. I don't think Bryce Bush would be involved but we really shouldn't freak out regardless about acquiring 3 WAR outfielders for lottery tickets. I interviewed Bush last year and wrote a profile on him. He's a great kid. He wasn't a top 75 draft prospect. He was about a 5th-6th round talent that the Sox fortunately got with a 33rd rounder. He can hit but I'm not sold that he'll stay on the infield long-term. I'd rather keep him but this isn't a Fernando Tatis situation. Tatis never even played affiliated ball for the Sox.Β 

• Like 1

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

ReallyΒ  ! No on Bush but yes on Basabe ? Is that somehow better ?

If they traded Basabe an even more talked about name around here this place would blow up. I personally would get over it and move on but damn, soxtalk would immediately jump in them for that one.Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I agree. Β If we canΒ get Manny, Joc, and another decent SP, we’d be in a spot to compete next year with few breakout performances from our young guys. Β I wouldn’t want to eat into our prospect depth to take that chance, but if the price isΒ redundant pieces (Bummer, Fulmer, etc) then by all means do it.

It all depends on how long we think Frye’s health will hold together vs. Bummer’s long termΒ potential to get everything straightened out.

3 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Joc Pederson is good. He posted a 125 wRC+ last year with 25 homers. He's bad vs LHP but put up a 139 wRC+ vs RHP with a wOBA of .374. About a 3 WAR player. If they can get it done for Bummer/Fulmer, it'd be fantastic. I hope that Rich Hill is involved personally and taking on that $$ lessens the prospect load. I don't think Bryce Bush would be involved but we really shouldn't freak out regardless about acquiring 3 WAR outfielders for lottery tickets. I interviewed Bush last year and wrote a profile on him. He's a great kid. He wasn't a top 75 draft prospect. He was about a 5th-6th round talent that the Sox fortunately got with a 33rd rounder. He can hit but I'm not sold that he'll stay on the infield long-term. I'd rather keep him but this isn't a Fernando Tatis situation. Tatis never even played affiliated ball for the Sox.Β 

Let's not forget he's a 3 WAR OF from 2018. 2017 was quite different. I'd consider him a a 3 WAR OF'er if he had done it consistently but he hasn't. How often do we hear warnings about buying high ? Get him for next to nothing fine, otherwise let the contenders like the Braves who might truly need him overpay for him.

• Heads22 changed the title to JocTalk.com - Waiting......