Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

NCsoxfan

Those who think palka is better or more valuable than Joc, please use your head.Β look at Matt Davidson. Same age. Same ridiculous power. Same pathetic OBP and defense. Palka is replaceable. You want what he offers, go get CJ Cron, Logan Morrison, Justin Smoak, Jay Bruce, etc etc etc. the list goes on forever.Β 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

His combo of speed and hit tool to go with his potential to draw walks and hit for power is worth hanging on to. Especially if he sticks in CF. Kid is still so young.

Oh I agree . 100% I wasn't knocking Basabe , We need to wait like I said on all our high upside prospects. Just was stating his hit tool has been lacking. All the other stuff you said about him is true. You did ask why some want to disregard him so I answered the probable reason.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fuagman said:

Those who think palka is better or more valuable than Joc, please use your head.Β look at Matt Davidson. Same age. Same ridiculous power. Same pathetic OBP and defense. Palka is replaceable. You want what he offers, go get CJ Cron, Logan Morrison, Justin Smoak, Jay Bruce, etc etc etc. the list goes on forever.Β 

For the white soxs current roster and position, why is that so obscured? You got a ton more control on palka. Pedersen you get for two years. From just a control standpoint,Β I like Palka better. Not against joc at all, just from a pure offensive standpoint, many similarities, Joc just walks more

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Oh I agree . 100% I wasn't knocking Basabe , We need to wait like I said on all our high upside prospects. Just was stating his hit tool has been lacking. All the other stuff you said about him is true. You did ask why some want to disregard him so I answered the probable reason.

What would be the plan in regards to waiting? I am honestly asking where they would go with that in your opinion. You either wait for them to be bad or good. At that point when they are proven to be pretty good would you be okay with trading them for a proven ml player? The bad ones won’t matter because no one will want them at that point.Β 

8 minutes ago, IowaPG said:

For the white soxs current roster and position, why is that so obscured? You got a ton more control on palka. Pedersen you get for two years. From just a control standpoint,Β I like Palka better. Not against joc at all, just from a pure offensive standpoint, many similarities, Joc just walks more

I don't see why there should even be a comparison between the two.Β  One is a full time DH or a pinch hitter, the other can play a position at a league average rate defensively.Β  We need to stop kidding ourselves and thinking Palka can be given a glove and not be a drag on this team.Β  I love the guy, I love his energy, I love his power potential.Β  But he has no role here, unless we're moving Abreu.

2 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

I don't see why there should even be a comparison between the two.Β  One is a full time DH or a pinch hitter, the other can play a position at a league average rate defensively.Β  We need to stop kidding ourselves and thinking Palka can be given a glove and not be a drag on this team.Β  I love the guy, I love his energy, I love his power potential.Β  But he has no role here, unless we're moving Abreu.

Or moving Alonso, should Machado still somehow fall through...

16 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I hear ya and know you aren't knocking him. ;) I actually like his hit tool from the standpoint that he's so young and playing AA while holding his own.

55 minutes ago, KiwiSox said:

I think if you try put yourself in a position where you think about what you'll think of certain prospects this time next year, something the Sox critically failed to do in the Shields trade, you find yourself becoming more open to dealing Basabe and less open to dealing Bush.

A year from now Basabe could be a major leaguer. Bryce Bush might not be in AA. This logic fails too

2 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

Abreu for Pederson isn't a bad trade idea for a starting point. Think Pederson has more value but add Hill into the mix and it doesn't sound too crazy.

It really isn't. 1B/DH is the one spot the Sox have one too many guys. I don't know if I see them moving him though. He's a valued clubhouse guy and nice to have around for Moncada.

• Like 2

• Heads22 changed the title to JocTalk.com - Waiting......