Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

NCsoxfan

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

I wonder how big of an influence Machado has on this potentialΒ deal. Obviously Pederson is an upgrade regardless, but his connection with Machado is worth noting IMO.

I doubt this has anything to do with Machado and is simply coincidence. Pederson is a good player and immediately become the best OF'er on the Sox. This looks like a baseball move.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I wonder how big of an influence Machado has on this potentialΒ deal. Obviously Pederson is an upgrade regardless, but his connection with Machado is worth noting IMO.

I think it’s the other way around. I think this is a move that, if made, speaks to the FO’s confidence in executing on Machado

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Muncy was also a AAAA player that came out of nowhere. Who knows if he'll be able to even come close to these numbers again.

May not, but Justin Turner and Chris Taylor have AAAA pedigree....they seem to have gotten "lucky' with a lot of late bloomers.

14 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I doubt this has anything to do with Machado and is simply coincidence. Pederson is a good player and immediately become the best OF'er on the Sox. This looks like a baseball move.

True. Pederson is worth acquiring on his own merits unlike Jay and to an extent, Alonso. It's unfortunateΒ that he only has 2 years of team control left but hopefully someone will be ready to take his place by then, whether that's Luis Robert or someone else.

13 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

True. Pederson is worth acquiring on his own merits unlike Jay and to an extent, Alonso. It's unfortunateΒ that he only has 2 years of team control left but hopefully someone will be ready to take his place by then, whether that's Luis Robert or someone else.

When the young OF'ers are ready to take his place maybe he could be resigned to become our first baseman, if he remains a solid player for us. We do have a topic on the future of first base.

Edited by Saufley

40 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I agree, I think some here underrate 2 years of control and he’s young and good.Β 

If he is available for less than he could be typically, then you just make move regardless.Β 

• Like 1

If Pederson was a free agent, I'd be all for the Sox getting him. But I don't like trading a nice prospect like Bush for him when he only has 2 years of control left and likely won't be here when the White Sox World Domination window is open.Β 

I think this move only makes sense if they are getting Machado and also landing Kuechel. But even then, us winning still requires Yoan to rebound, Giolito to rebound, and for Eloy to tear it up from the start when called up.

8 minutes ago, Roughneck said:

If Pederson was a free agent, I'd be all for the Sox getting him. But I don't like trading a nice prospect like Bush for him when he only has 2 years of control left and likely won't be here when the White Sox World Domination window is open.Β 

I think this move only makes sense if they are getting Machado and also landing Kuechel. But even then, us winning still requires Yoan to rebound, Giolito to rebound, and for Eloy to tear it up from the start when called up.

There's no way they're going to add Keuchel this year...it's going to be someone like Miley/Gio/Pomeranz, depending on whether we get HIll or not.

It doesn't make sense to go all-in on the FA pitching market until we know exactly what we have (and we still won't know about Kopech 100%) heading into 2020.

1 minute ago, drgiggles15 said:

I guess I'm way out of the loop, but everyone is talking about Bryce Bush and how he shouldn't be traded. I looked at the White Sox Top 30 Prospects and didn't even see him listed. Is he new or something? Drafted last year?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.southsidesox.com/platform/amp/2018/8/2/17642278/under-the-radar-bryce-bush-2018-draft-steal

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

So you're saying that Joc Pederson is going to be playing 1B for the White Sox?Β  Why wouldn't he play CF?

Your argument is Joc would demand to play CF going into free agency a la Manny Machado instead of moving to corner. It’s a terrible argument. If he needs to play CF because Sox need it, then it has nothing to do with what machado did. So it’s a terrible argument.

• Heads22 changed the title to JocTalk.com - Waiting......