Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

NCsoxfan

3 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

This offseason has been one of the most stressful yet boring I’ve ever seen.

Absolutely. At least in early January and mid December we had tons of fiesty rumors, Dan Clarke, and peavy44. Now it's the calm before the storm. It sucks.

Dec/Jan has conditioned my mind/body to check this thread 15 times per hour and i continue to do it but no new updates now.

2 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Absolutely. At least in early January and mid December we had tons of fiesty rumors, Dan Clarke, and peavy44. Now it's the calm before the storm. It sucks.

Dec/Jan has conditioned my mind/body to check this thread 15 times per hour and i continue to do it but no new updates now.

You say this like you miss him, ha.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I honestly don’t think Balta was exaggerating when he said that. Β 

Regardless, I think it’s too early to say what we have with our rotation. Β I think Rodon & Lopez have higher ceilings than #3 starters. Β I’m not high on Giolito right now, but at his best last year he flashed #3 starter ability. Β Nova’s upside is limited, but at worst is a capable #5 type. Β We definitelyΒ need to add anotherΒ starter if we intend on competing next year. Β And even then we’d two of those three young guys to take big leaps forward, but at least it’s in the realm of possibility.

I'd give it a slight possibility too (only for 2020) but I need more than a slight chance to actually thinkΒ  trading forΒ  Pederson is a good idea. If somehow ABreu, Moncada, Anderson, Castillo ,Colome, Herrera , Fry, Covey ,Giolito, Lopez,Alonso , Palka, Rodon and Nova all perform above expectations I will happily admit that we should've acquired Joc. But if that happens we still have the trade deadline. Those are 14 names that probably produced as much WAR as the top 4 guys from Houston, Yankees and Red Sox. I know we can also add Eloy and possibly Machado , but we still cannot realistically discuss "competing" until we actually have him.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

With as many free agent OFs as are out there still,Β  I am not entirely convinced that Pederson should have a large trade value.Β  Instead of moving assets, why wouldn't they chase someone else?

Flexibility after 2020 I reckon

I know it’s been mentioned in passing at least, but one big plus of adding Joc is the limited amount of left-handed starters in the division. Β Based on Roster Resource, there are only projected to beΒ four left-handed starters in the division come opening day. Β Joc would get a ton of playing time even if we kept him in a platoon.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'd give it a slight possibility too (only for 2020) but I need more than a slight chance to actually thinkΒ  trading forΒ  Pederson is a good idea. If somehow ABreu, Moncada, Anderson, Castillo ,Colome, Herrera , Fry, Covey ,Giolito, Lopez,Alonso , Palka, Rodon and Nova all perform above expectations I will happily admit that we should've acquired Joc. But if that happens we still have the trade deadline. Those are 14 names that probably produced as much WAR as the top 4 guys from Houston, Yankees and Red Sox. I know we can also add Eloy and possibly Machado , but we still cannot realistically discuss "competing" until we actually have him.

If they add Joc,Β they better know Machado is in the bag.

22 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

With as many free agent OFs as are out there still,Β  I am not entirely convinced that Pederson should have a large trade value.Β  Instead of moving assets, why wouldn't they chase someone else?

The Dodgers have to have more up their sleeve than trading Pederson. The question I don't see anyone asking is is what are the Dodgers needs to make them a World Series winner? Once we can answer that question we will know a lot more. To me one big answer to that question is Harper not an oft injured guy like Pollock.If that's the Dodgers endgame then signing Manny becomes even more important .

10 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

and a 4-5 year commitment where we have 4-5 promising OF's that are just 2-3 years out.

So Pollock has 4-5 year 20+ AAV offers on the table right now and he's not signing them?

Edited by jenksycat

1 minute ago, BrianAnderson said:

It's a jump .... to conclusions mat. You put different conclusions on it.. and you JUMP to them.

Come on man......

Is it?Β  You said Pollock will be a 4-5 year commitment.Β  I'm saying he wouldn't as an oft injured 30 year old.Β  Also said he would be 12m+ more than Joc.Β  Joc is making 5m then arbitration so Pollock would have to be in the 20+ AAV then.Β Β 

• Heads22 changed the title to JocTalk.com - Waiting......