Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

NCsoxfan

Just now, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Same.

Β 

Seconded. He reminds me so much of Ryan Sweeney.Β 

I just think out of allΒ our OF prospects, he’s got the hardest path to the majors because he’s aΒ corner guy with a fringe average arm and questionable power. Β He just seems like the one guy who will likely be traded at some point in the next year or so IMO.

3 minutes ago, iamshack said:

Jimmy has mentioned on a number of occasions it might benefit the Sox to move Rutherford before having to play at Birmingham.

He had enough of a rebound in 2018 to regain some prospect status and I wouldn’t be opposed to selling high on him and clearing up some space in that crowded AA OF if there’s enough interestΒ in him. Β Playing in Birmingham could be ugly and it’s not like he’s Gavin Sheets with 70 grade raw power.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

Just now, beckham15 said:

What type of player would we be getting, admittedly I haven’t followed too much of the dodgers lately but is he a good clubhouse guy or an assclown? Going by facial expressions in some of his photos i would say he kinda looks like an ass but idk

Seemed to be an amazing clubhouse guy in the postseason. Β 

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I just think out of allΒ our OF prospects, he’s got the hardest path to the majors because he’s aΒ corner guy with a fringe average arm and questionable power. Β He just seems like the one guy who will likely be traded at some point in the next year or so IMO.

I think his arm will grade out better than fringe. But anyway, never liked Rutherford, just don’t like idea of being like β€œthese are the three outfield prospects we are going with, they will all hit”.

3 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

What type of player would we be getting, admittedly I haven’t followed too much of the dodgers lately but is he a good clubhouse guy or an assclown? Going by facial expressions in some of his photos i would say he kinda looks like an ass but idk

He seems like a goofy dude. But I’ve never heard anything bad about him

1 minute ago, Whitesox27 said:

Here's how I see it. Barring catastrophe, Eloy and Robert are going to take 2 of the 3 outfield spots looking forward. That leaves Rutherford/Basabe/Gonzalez/Adolfo/Walker/etc to compete for the last one. I'mΒ fine with packaging a couple of them together for a young pitcher.

Agreed but not at this given moment...I'd like to hold onto Basabe, Adolfo, Gonzalez, and Walker...πŸ˜‚

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

If this Sox news is about Joc what incentive do the Dodgers have to keep it on the low until tomorrow? Β Just weird.

Professional courtesy.

What do Dodgers care if its announced tonight or tomorrow? Its not like they need to process it so players can play soon.