Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

NCsoxfan

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

On the surface I would hate it, but I would also then think the Sox know he is broken on the first reflection.

I have said I wouldn’t mind and because what you mentioned. You think it’s low now? Just imagine if he’s still wild on April.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I'm pretty sure everyone is 100% in agreement with this.

Its just very hard for me to be so optimistic about Machado until the deal is done.

When youre the front runner you need to close the deal. People will hate my take, but i feel the Sox are going to sell the moves they made as big, and that this is the course.

7 minutes ago, The Sir said:

He gets hurt constantly, he strikes out a ton at low MiLB, and he has shown zero power thus far. I’ll be happy to eat crow, but I don’t think he makes it.

I want at least three above average MLBΒ OFers. In Eloy, we get a superstar, and in Gonzo and Blake we get two borderline all-stars. OF in 2021-2022 becomes capable of putting up 13Β WAR per season, consistently.

I won’t be disappointed at all.

It’s odd you call out Robert’s flaws (based on limited, injured riddledΒ samples no less), but don’t call out Rutherford for all his many faults. Β I’m a huge fan of using K rateΒ to evaluate prospects, but it’s not the end all be all you’re making it out to be. Β For one, you completely ignore the fact Robert has a chance to be a high-end defensive CF which can help offset any contact issues he might have down the road.

1 minute ago, Princess Dye said:

We wouldn't get Joc if there wasn't a bigger deal in connection with it. Signing a major FA is our path to win-now being viable.

Ok but that’s why it makes no sense for Sox Fest. As some else noted, he first question will be β€œdoes this mean Manny is coming?” Β 

Its not an exciting move on its own.Β 

I guess fans are starved right now.Β 

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

I dont like 2 years of control, unless there are more moves to make the Sox much more competitive.

If youre moving Anderson/Machado next year to of, you have Eloy and Robert etc, why are youΒ  spendingΒ  prospects to getΒ Pederson for 2 years?Β 

Seems maybe better to use prospects to get pitchers or guys with more control.

I guess thats just a casual fan question.

I think it’s apparent that if the Sox land Manny they are going toΒ want to accelerate the winning process sooner rather than later especially with such a young roster. Pederson fills a gaping hole in your line up for 2 years before Robert is due up.Β 

2 minutes ago, HakunaMachado said:

Do we thinkΒ a Joc deal means they believe MM is signing? Would it not make sense independent of him?

I don’t think it means that (I still think mm signs), I like Joc and maybe price is right but mostly feels like our FO is undisciplined and likes increased competitiveness blah blah.

He’s good though and it will be nice watching him play.

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

I don’t think it means that (I still think mm signs), I like Joc and maybe price is right but mostly feels like our FO is undisciplined and likes increased competitiveness blah blah.

He’s good though and it will be nice watching him play.

The bold is my concern. And the Sox history makes me worried. Hard for a tiger to change its stripes.

Edited by Soxbadger
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

It also kind of suggests they’re out on Harper, which seems like something they would only do if Machado was on board.Β 

Why would they be out on Harper? I agree it’s more unlikely they bring him in rather than Manny but Daniel Palka isn’t blocking Bryce Harper coming to town.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s odd you call out Robert’s flaws (based on limited, injured riddledΒ samples no less), but don’t call out Rutherford for all his many faults. Β I’m a huge fan of using K rateΒ to evaluate prospects, but it’s not the end all be all you’re making it out to be. Β For one, you completely ignore the fact Robert has a chance to be a high-end defensive CF which can help offset any contact issues he might have down the road.

The glove is great...if he hits. If he strikes out like Moncada and fails to put up an OPS of .700, then the glove won’t make up for it. Gonzalez and Rutherford might not be as amazing on defense, but stronger bats will make the defensive gap insignificant.