Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

NCsoxfan

1 minute ago, Saufley said:

Can't a deal be announced pending a physical?

Announced but not official. It could be "announced" and still fall apart even then, until everything is signed and filed it isn't a deal. Remember the NBA 3 wayΒ trade this year that was announced and then fell apart when one team realized the other team thought they were getting a different player with the same last name?

• Thanks 1

Pollock was reported to have passed his physical already but deal hasn’t officially been announced by LAD yet. Β And there is always common courtesy extended between teams to allow each to speak to the players and let them know about player being traded. Β In the newΒ social world, the player then goes on social media and β€œthanks the org for a great run and how they are looking forward to Β the new start w new team”

So both teams have announcement ready, Friedman talks to Pederson, Hahn to Fulmer, KW to Bummer and Getz to Laz simultaneously and then they release statement.

Edited by heirdog

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

People starved for a signing that are putting up ridiculous ideas is not expecting...I don't expect any of this to happen...but it makes me happy to daydream it.

In the back of my mind I'm thinking Rosenthal said nothing is close with Pederson. The price seems to be light, why would Machado sign now, and the Soxfest surprise is the signing of Shawn Kelly or someone of that ilk. But many people seem to be suggesting the bigger moves are happening. I hope they do, but I'll believe it when it happens.

9 minutes ago, heirdog said:

Pollock was reported to have passed his physical already but deal hasn’t officially been announced by LAD yet. Β And there is always common courtesy extended between teams to allow each to speak to the players and let them know about player being traded. Β In the newΒ social world, the player then goes on social media and β€œthanks the org for a great run and how they are looking forward to Β the new start w new team”

So both teams have announcement ready, Friedman talks to Pederson, Hahn to Fulmer, KW to Bummer and Getz to Laz simultaneously and then they release statement.

I was going to say, maybe they're waiting for Pollock to be officially announced first.

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Most trades, physicals don't happen. They exchange medical records. With Manny, there will be one due to the size of the commitment obviously. Whether he's already gone through it or not, who knows. I'm sure he could probably have it done in Miami.Β 

Not to mention they'll need a physical for the insurance on aΒ contract of that size. It will probably be for about half the contract or so.

Just now, fathom said:

if the Sox are trying to make it a soxfest surprise, why would they officially announce it before?

I have a hard time believing the sox are planning to "surprise" soxfest with a Joc Pederson trade.Β  He is a nice piece of the puzzle if Machado is around, but not that exciting by himself.Β 

Saving a Machado announcement for Soxfest....now that I could understand.Β 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

if the Sox are trying to make it a soxfest surprise, why would they officially announce it before?

The idea that two teams are going to hold a secret trade for over 24 hours in this environment is fantastic to me. If some white sox bloggers know it's done, there are LA dodgers bloggers that know its done, there would be friends of agents that know its done. It wouldn't survive the daylight if it was completed.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

The idea that two teams are going to hold a secret trade for over 24 hours in this environment is fantastic to me. If some white sox bloggers know it's done, there are LA dodgers bloggers that know its done, there would be friends of agents that know its done. It wouldn't survive the daylight if it was completed.

I mean...technically it hasn't.Β  At least a few people have said Fulmer/Bummer/3rd piece or Laz.Β  Those names have been rumored for a few days now.Β  But yah, no one super credible is saying that.Β  Though raBBit seems to know more than he's shared, and seems awfully confident lately....which may or may not be related to Joc/Manny. Then you also have WSD emoji and Chili's comments...

Edited by ChiSox59

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I mean...technically it hasn't.Β  At least a few people have said Fulmer/Bummer/3rd piece or Laz.Β  Those names have been rumored for a few days now.Β  But yah, no one super credible is saying that.Β  Though raBBit seems to know more than he's shared, and seems awfully confident lately....which may or may not be related to Joc/Manny.Β 

It is worth pointing out that the players in the Shields trade were known for something like a week before the trade was actually announced.

41 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Well announced as in agreed to. But then a few days later you hear that it is official and a 40-man roster move is made. Free agents anyway.

Not sure about trades, but for FA signings, Clubs are technically not allowed to announce a signing that is contingent on a player passing a physical prior to passing said physical.Β