Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

NCsoxfan

9 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Say the trade never happens. Β How many people are expectingΒ Carson Fulmer to turn it around this year? Β 

While it’s certainly possible, trading him for SOMETHING is better than losing him for nothing pretty soon. Β 

I'd rather have Fulmer make a go as a reliever over 2 meaningless years of Joc.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Say the trade never happens. Β How many people are expectingΒ Carson Fulmer to turn it around this year? Β 

While it’s certainly possible, trading him for SOMETHING is better than losing him for nothing pretty soon. Β 

Kinda depends on your definition of "turn it around". Just about all the projections show Rodon as the only White Sox pitcher expected to be worth 1 WAR or above. I would say it's hard to NOT expect at least 1 or 2 of our starters to exceed the projections. If Fulmer stays, and earns a spot coming out of ST, it almost has to mean he has turned a corner. All that being said, I would think he's pretty low on most people's (and my personal list) of turn the corner candidates on our pitching staff.

Just now, MeanJoeCrede said:

Kinda depends on your definition of "turn it around". Just about all the projections show Rodon as the only White Sox pitcher expected to be worth 1 WAR or above. I would say it's hard to NOT expect at least 1 or 2 of our starters to exceed the projections. If Fulmer stays, and earns a spot coming out of ST, it almost has to mean he has turned a corner. All that being said, I would think he's pretty low on most people's (and my personal list) of turn the corner candidates on our pitching staff.

I thought he was done starting. Β 

5 minutes ago, jenksycat said:

I'd rather have Fulmer make a go as a reliever over 2 meaningless years of Joc.

Right now Fulmer could be somewhere around our #4 LH RP, as he hasn't shown he can get people out consistently.

Today we are probably looking at Fry #1, and then some combination of Frare, and Bummer in front of him.Β  That is without another guy jumping ahead of him, like a Hunter Schryver.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Right now Fulmer could be somewhere around our #4 LH RP, as he hasn't shown he can get people out consistently.

Today we are probably looking at Fry #1, and then some combination of Frare, and Bummer in front of him.Β  That is without another guy jumping ahead of him, like a Hunter Schryver.

The fact you think Fulmer is a LHP is all I need to know regarding your posts lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

14 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

I thought he was done starting. Β 

I think we all tend to think that based on his lack of success/development, but do the White Sox? He hasn't shown thus far that he can perform up to anybody's expectations in either role, and I think the Sox would prefer to see him succeed as a starter if given a choice. Unless something clicked this offseason, I think you're right and he is done starting.

20 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Uh, doing ok there?

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Wow, wat?Β 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

I think we all tend to think that based on his lack of success/development, but do the White Sox? He hasn't shown thus far that he can perform up to anybody's expectations in either role, and I think the Sox would prefer to see him succeed as a starter if given a choice. Unless something clicked this offseason, I think you're right and he is done starting.

He was a reliever for the majority of the 2nd half in AAA last season.Β  I think he's probably a reliever for good with the Sox if they retain him.

Also....seemed like this rumor had some major steam for today....seems like its probably not close, like Rosenthal said.Β 

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He was a reliever for the majority of the 2nd half in AAA last season.Β  I think he's probably a reliever for good with the Sox if they retain him.

Also....seemed like this rumor had some major steam for today....seems like its probably not close, like Rosenthal said.Β 

The Rosenthal tweet was well before the WSD/Bilek tidbits though

17 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Also....seο»Ώemed like this rumor had some major steam for today....seems like its probably not close, like Rosenthal said.Β 

For the White Sox you're right he's probably a reliever if anything, but it still doesn't seem like "working as a reliever" is likely to solve the problems for a guy whose main problem is an inconsistent delivery that the White Sox already tinkered with. Making changes and then not having time to get used to them has a good chance of being one of the things that undermined him.Β 

For another team...maybe they think there's a simple change that the White Sox coaching staff doesn't see? If not that, then I'd guess you gotta work him as a starter to work on repeating the delivery. If you move him to the pen eventually fine, but how do you develop consistency coming out of the bullpen?Β 

2 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, as I might have missed something, but this β€œrumored” Fulmer/Bummer/Rivera return is something one of us just made up, right?

Not actually β€œrumored” at all?

I think that one guy on Twitter who is now backtracking his comments from yesterday said that is the package. So take it with a huge grain of salt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eminor3rd said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, as I might have missed something, but this β€œrumored” Fulmer/Bummer/Rivera return is something one of us just made up, right?

raBBit hinted (I believe) that a MLBTradeRumors user who claims the trade is done for Bummer/Fulmer/low level minor leaguer. Β Some other twitter rando with like zero followers claims that third piece is Rivera.Β 

Random Twitter account from last night mentioned it. I think it came from somewhere before that though. Probably here.

Meh. Depends. It was "rumored" by a rando on twitter. Might as well have something one of us made up.Β 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

There’s no concrete evidence to suggest that’s who is involved.Β 

• Like 1