Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

NCsoxfan

30 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I think that one guy on Twitter who is now backtracking his comments from yesterday said that is the package. So take it with a huge grain of salt.

Β 

30 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

raBBit hinted (I believe) that a MLBTradeRumors user who claims the trade is done for Bummer/Fulmer/low level minor leaguer. Β Some other twitter rando with like zero followers claims that third piece is Rivera.Β 

Β 

30 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Random Twitter account from last night mentioned it. I think it came from somewhere before that though. Probably here.

Ahh, ok. Thanks

Seems possible/plausibleΒ to me that he reason this deal isn’t done yet is because it WON’T happen if the dodgers land realmuto instead.Β 

If the Realmuto package includes Verdugo, they suddenly kinda still need Pederson.Β 

Sounds like they felt comfortable signing Pollock once they knew they had the framework for a Joc deal done... that could be executed in the event that Realmuto didn’t get done.Β 

9 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Ruiz, Verdugo, Barnes (Marlins have said they want a veteranΒ MLB catcher back in a deal so he can be a throw in)? Or does it need one more lower prospect?

Ruiz and Verdugo both would be a home run for the Marlins.Β 

8 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Seems possible/plausibleΒ to me that he reason this deal isn’t done yet is because it WON’T happen if the dodgers land realmuto instead.Β 

If the Realmuto package includes Verdugo, they suddenly kinda still need Pederson.Β 

Sounds like they felt comfortable signing Pollock once they knew they had the framework for a Joc deal done... that could be executed in the event that Realmuto didn’t get done.Β 

Bellinger (if Muncy is at 1B), Pollock, Taylor, Hernandez, Toles in the OF still. Could their starting OF be (from LF-RF) Taylor, Pollock, Bellinger without Pederson?

Edit: ...unless they they end up deciding to getΒ really creative to move some money (Hill) for Harper.

Edited by soxfan2014

4 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Bellinger (if Muncy is at 1B), Pollock, Taylor, Hernandez, Toles in the OF still. Could their starting OF be (from LF-RF) Taylor, Pollock, Bellinger without Pederson?

Edit: ...unless they they end up deciding to getΒ really creative to move some money (Hill) for Harper.

Isn't Taylor slated to play 2B?

7 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I see it more like:

OF Left to Right: Verdugo/Kike, Pollock, Bellinger

IF Left to Right: Turner, Seager, Taylor, Muncy

They definitely have the ability to trade one of Verdugo or Pederson.Β 

20 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Ruiz and Verdugo both would be a home run for the Marlins.Β 

If the Dodgers were willing to trade both Ruiz and Verdugo, I think the deal would have been done a month ago.Β  This sounds more like the Marlins have finally lowered their asking price.

I still think the Dodgers ultimate plan is to acquire Realmuto for a Ruiz + package, and to trade Pederson for MLB-ready relievers.

3 minutes ago, Wisebri224 said:

They better get this Machado thing done.Β  If it's only Pederson, it's basically, "Look, here's our participation ribbon in the offseason."Β  I know it's still looking good, but the longer it goes, the longer you figure it's gonna be bad.

Pederson with Machado is questionable; but to trade for him while not signing Machado is just inane.