Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

NCsoxfan

2 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

ThereΒ wasn’t anything specific about anyone showing up to SoxFest

So if they announced a trade for Joc, WSD would have received no credit.Β 

Β 

He was wrong. No big deal. Everyone has been wrong. But at least call it what it is.

Edited by Dick Allen

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Β 

He was wrong. No big deal. Everyone has been wrong. But at least call it what it is.

where did he specifically say JocΒ to the Sox was done and going to be announced at SoxfestΒ ? He replied to that burner account saying he wouldn’t believe an account like that.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Β 

The burner account and Chili suggested SoxFest. RaBBit and WSD just suggested something was happening, but not necessarily at SoxFest.Β 

3 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

The burner account and Chili suggested SoxFest. RaBBit and WSD just suggested something was happening, but not necessarily at SoxFest.Β 

Saying something is going to happen isn’t exactly going out on a limb.Β 

I will tell you something will happen between now and spring training. I also will tell you I have no source.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Saying something is going to happen isn’t exactly going out on a limb.Β 

I will tell you something will happen between now and spring training. I also will tell you I have no source.

That’s fair, but when the eyeballs make an appearance, I take that toΒ meanΒ he has heard something is close to being announced. Obviously β€œclose” is subject to interpretation. If nothing gets announced in the next few days, then I’ll be right there with you saying he was wrong.Β 

Edited by SoxBlanco

3 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

That’s fair, but when the eyeballs make an appearance, I take that toΒ meanΒ he has heard something is close to being announced. Obviously β€œclose” is subject to interpretation. If nothing gets announced in the next few days, then I’ll be right there with you saying he was wrong.Β 

Eyeballs means he knows something that he’s not supposed to share. Doesn’t mean something is done.

Now looking back, eye balls from Dave , a " burner account" and a bunch of ominous posts from Rabbit sent us into a frenzy. I know the burner account is 99% false but everyone seems to trust Dave and RabbitΒ . Lets see what happens. There is still hope. But I for one amΒ done with trusting vagueness and "scoops".

Edited by Orlando
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Now looking back, eye balls from Dave , a " burner account" and a bunch of ominous posts from Rabbit sent us into a frenzy. I know the burner account is 99% false but everyone seems to trust Dave and RabbitΒ . Lets see what happens. There is still hope. But I for one amΒ done with trusting vagueness and "scoops".

This. I think I’m done with this whole offseason. Waaaaakeme up when Spring Training eeeennnnddds

There are a lot of people who thrive off of the attention of having a source. Most are trash looking for any attention they can get. We have even sunk to self professed burner accounts.

What it all boils down to is that this has not been a conventional set of negotiations probably due to the complete collapse of spending,Β  especially from the traditional spending powers.

At the end of the day, I am not even sure Sox management knows exactly what the end game is here, which is going to put a smash on information that could be legit, as we see plenty of people who traditionally had info being wrong over and over again.Β 

Β 

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

There are a lot of people who thrive off of the attention of having a source. Most are trash looking for any attention they can get. We have even sunk to self professed burner accounts.

What it all boils down to is that this has not been a conventional set of negotiations probably due to the complete collapse of spending,Β  especially from the traditional spending powers.

At the end of the day, I am not even sure Sox management knows exactly what the end game is here, which is going to put a smash on information that could be legit, as we see plenty of people who traditionally had info being wrong over and over again.Β 

Β 

People have to understand that there are probably 3-5 people that know ALL the details about a transaction. I know everyone is tired of hearing the old β€œthings are fluid” statements. What usually leaks out early and gets shared by and with people like Dave and Rabbit and others are high-level, general pieces of information wherein decisions still remain that ultimately impact official announcements and so forth.Β 

I know people are impatient, and I know people think these guys are embellishing or just flat-out wrong about things, but they really are not necessarily wrong about what they know, they just don’t have all the pieces of the puzzle. And that is why they are vague to begin with. Then people press them. Then they may try to add additional detail and that ends up being judged.Β 

I can say with full confidence that the information these guys get is solid. Take from it what you wish, but they aren’t just out there making things up out of thin air.Β 

And remember that when the announcements get made.Β 

• Like 2