Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

NCsoxfan

1 minute ago, iamshack said:

People have to understand that there are probably 3-5 people that know ALL the details about a transaction. I know everyone is tired of hearing the old β€œthings are fluid” statements. What usually leaks out early and gets shared by and with people like Dave and Rabbit and others are high-level, general pieces of information wherein decisions still remain that ultimately impact official announcements and so forth.Β 

I know people are impatient, and I know people think these guys are embellishing or just flat-out wrong about things, but they really are not necessarily wrong about what they know, they just don’t have all the pieces of the puzzle. And that is why they are vague to begin with. Then people press them. Then they may try to add additional detail and that ends up being judged.Β 

I can say with full confidence that the information these guys get is solid. Take from it what you wish, but they aren’t just out there making things up out of thin air.Β 

And remember that when the announcements get made.Β 

If a person who wanted attention got some leaks and then decided to make up 1/2 of them...we'd believe all of them because of the few they got right.Β 

• Like 3

Just now, Balta1701 said:

If a person who wanted attention got some leaks and then decided to make up 1/2 of them...we'd believe all of them because of the few they got right.Β 

I don’t think they give a shit whether you believe them or not. Believe whatever it is you choose to believe. No one cares.Β 

Calling them liars or frauds or attention-seekers is not accurate, however.Β 

The sheer volume of stuff people tell both of them, particularly Dave, is incredible. He could create far more attention for himself than he does if he chose to.Β 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, iamshack said:

I don’t think they give a shit whether you believe them or not. Believe whatever it is you choose to believe. No one cares.Β 

Calling them liars or frauds or attention-seekers is not accurate, however.Β 

The sheer volume of stuff people tell both of them, particularly Dave, is incredible. He could create far more attention for himself than he does if he chose to.Β 

Honestly, I think they do. I think it feels pretty good to be the center of attention.Β 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

False

Seems funny to me that you question guys like Dave & Brian but are quick to five MLB Trade Rumors out of all the β€œinsiders”, some sort of credit.Β 

Edited by SoCalSox

I know people don’t like Dave’s whole schitck or whatever, but I really don’t see him claiming anything other than the 7 year 175 million thing being wrong. Other than that, he seems to just be optimistic based off any intel he got and reading the tea leaves.Β This offseason has been exhausting for everyone. Β I get our beloved Sox have sucked for like a decade, but lately seems like some people are just looking for reasons to be pissed or b****.Β 

• Like 1

Now we are all fighting about who has sources and who is attention seeking. No matter what, I think vagueness and no follow up is irresponsible. I get no one owes us any information but when you have posts or tweets that can be taken as literal or sarcastic, who does that help? When you have eyeballs and don't even specify if it's Sox related in the midst of a bunch of rumors, even though you have used eyeballs in the past for non sox related info,Β who does that help? We believed insiders over people like Rosenthal who said a Joc trade wasn't close and now board morale is low. I'd gladly eat my words if this goes down tonight or this weekend.Β 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Now we are all fighting about who has sources and who is attention seeking. No matter what, I think vagueness and no follow up is irresponsible. I get no one owes us any information but when you have posts or tweets that can be taken as literal or sarcastic, who does that help? When you haveο»Ώ eyeballs and don't even specify if it's Sox related in the midο»Ώst of a bunch of rumors, even though you have used eyeballs in the past for non sox related info,Β who does that help? We believed insiders over people like Rosenthal who said a Joc trade wasn't close and now board ο»Ώmorale is low. I'd gladly eat my wο»Ώords if this ο»Ώgoesο»Ώ down tonight or this weekend.Β ο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώ

Would you prefer they didn’t share anything?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iamshack said:

That is not what I am trying to articulate. I am just trying to find the harm in Dave replying to someone that the eyeballs are Sox related. Or a better example is @rabbit posting that palehose1 is legit, a guy on mlbtr with exact details of a joke trade. Some people thought he was joking, others took it literal. I asked him strait forward if it was a joke or not and then silence, why not clarify? Again, no one owes me or anyone anything but that little vague comment sent this board into a frenzy.

Edited by Orlando
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Orlando said:

That is not what I am trying to articulate. I am just trying to find the harm in Dave replying to someone that the eyeballs are Sox related. Or a better example is @rabbit posting that palehose1 is legit, a guy on mlbtr with exact details of a joke trade. Some people thought he was joking, others took it literal. I asked him strait forward if it was a joke or not and then silence, why not clarify? Again, no one owes me or anyone anything but that little vague comment sent this board into a frenzy.

What if @raBBitΒ is palehose1? Maybe that’s his way of leaking his info without anything associated to him

32 minutes ago, iamshack said:

If they aren’t at liberty to give any details and really don’t care for any attention, I have a hard time wondering why they would suggest something was up. At the very least, the board last night, and I wasn’t on when it happened, turned to Joc. If what rabbit was suggesting wasn’t Joc is going to be traded for quickly, he could have stopped it with one post. That didn’t happen.Β 

Β 

If Joc Pederson was traded to the White Sox today, both would have acceptedΒ all accolades. So since it didn’t happen, whatever, but they weren’t right. And that should not bother them if they have to read it. I don’t personally know either guy, maybe it doesn’t bother them.

There have been more insiders than ever this year, and more inaccuracies. Personally I think any who has contract details, and wrap up dates are all full of it.Β 

Rabbit was on fire a couple of years ago.WSD was on fire a few years ago. Whether they still have those same sources, and whether those sources really have the correct answers onky they can answer. Once you get an insider label there does seem to be an expectation. Rabbit wrote some stuff a few weeks ago mentioning signing on a Wednesday. He was only tomgue in cheekΒ because KW used to always seem to make his moves on Wednesday , but people were setting up for something happening on Wednesday. So I could see where it could be a burden. But insider does seem to be a coveted title.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Dave did reply. He jokingly said β€œNo, it’s about the Miami Heat.” Read what you will into that.Β 

Rabbit may or may not have known the exact package that was rumored. A lot of times someone hears a piece of information and then tries to build off of that from other sources. Again, it’s a puzzle they’re trying to put together and they only have some of the pieces.Β 

Unfortunately, they don’t receive a text when the deal is complete with all the terms like Rosenthal, Passan and Heyman do.

1 hour ago, Orlando said:

Now we are all fighting about who has sources and who is attention seeking. No matter what, I think vagueness and no follow up is irresponsible. I get no one owes us any information but when you have posts or tweets that can be taken as literal or sarcastic, who does that help? When you have eyeballs and don't even specify if it's Sox related in the midst of a bunch of rumors, even though you have used eyeballs in the past for non sox related info,Β who does that help? We believed insiders over people like Rosenthal who said a Joc trade wasn't close and now board morale is low. I'd gladly eat my words if this goes down tonight or this weekend.Β 

PreciselyΒ 

33 minutes ago, iamshack said:

Dave did reply. He jokingly said β€œNo, it’s about the Miami Heat.” Read what you will into that.Β 

Rabbit may or may not have known the exact package that was rumored. A lot of times someone hears a piece of information and then tries to build off of that from other sources. Again, it’s a puzzle they’re trying to put together and they only have some of the pieces.Β 

Unfortunately, they don’t receive a text when the deal is complete with all the terms like Rosenthal, Passan and Heyman do.

Last night, raBBit said this...”paleose1 is legitimate and an impressive guy.”

People directly asked him what he meant, and he didn’t answer. It seems like he was purposely being cryptic and having fun with the fact that he had inside information. And to me,Β that’s completely fine. I don’t lose any sleep over it, but I think that’s what people are referring to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

Last night, raBBit said this...”paleose1 is legitimate and an impressive guy.”

People directly asked him what he meant, and he didn’t answer. It seems like he was purposely being cryptic and having fun with the fact that he had inside information. And to me,Β that’s completely fine. I don’t lose any sleep over it, but I think that’s what people are referring to.

All fair feedback.Β