Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

NCsoxfan

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

Don’t feel like going through 85 pages...is there or haveΒ there been any rumors on what a hypothetical deal would look like? Can’t see anybody on the roster the Dodgers would want...maybe Jones? But what value does he really have until he stays healthy?Β 

Would we be talking about a Dunning level prospect probably? Possibly one of Basabe or Micker + ?

I could totally see the Dodgers being interested in Jace

6 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Don’t feel like going through 85 pages...is there or haveΒ there been any rumors on what a hypothetical deal would look like? Can’t see anybody on the roster the Dodgers would want...maybe Jones? But what value does he really have until he stays healthy?Β 

Would we be talking about a Dunning level prospect probably? Possibly one of Basabe or Micker + ?

Jones, yes obviously.Β  Colome? Fine.
Dunning, Basabe, Micker?Β  Good lord no.

Edited by GreenSox

7 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

The rumor was that we give up Bummer, Fulmer, and lower level guy (maybe Laz Rivera).Β 

35 minutes ago, heirdog said:

The πŸ‘€ are for one of the 3 to 4 moves Hahn referenced, just not the Machado one. Β Hahn said progress made on the 3 to 4 moves over the past 48 hours (this was yesterday that he said that I believe).

Did he really say that? That's encouraging. I heard about the 3 or 4 moves just missed the progress part.

19 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Jones, yes obviously.Β  Colome? Fine.
Dunning, Basabe, Micker?Β  Good lord no.

Don’t know, maybe I’m overrating Joc, but can’t see someone else not giving up more than a reliever for him. With 500+ AB’s he’s a 3+ WAR player with 2 years of cheap control. What am I missing?

29 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Don’t know, maybe I’m overrating Joc, but can’t see someone else not giving up more than a reliever for him. With 500+ AB’s he’s a 3+ WAR player with 2 years of cheap control. What am I missing?

Some people have speculated that the Dodgers would take a deal for less than he's actually worth to avoid sending him to a team they'd have to compete with.

Is it worth giving up anything for JP if we don't sign Harper or Machado? Next year we'll be either bad or just so-so with out

them. Adding JP probably wouldn't change that. When 2020 roles around the outfield might start to get crowded as well.

7 minutes ago, zisk said:

Is it worth giving up anything for JP if we don't sign Harper or Machado? Next year we'll be either bad or just so-so with out

them. Adding JP probably wouldn't change that. When 2020 roles around the outfield might start to get crowded as well.

Nope, no whale....no Joc. Β 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

I don't think that more ABs translate to higher WAR for Joc.Β  His splits are pretty dramatic.Β  Career .181 hitter against LHP with a .266Β  OBP.

3 hours ago, heirdog said:

The πŸ‘€ are for one of the 3 to 4 moves Hahn referenced, just not the Machado one. Β Hahn said progress made on the 3 to 4 moves over the past 48 hours (this was yesterday that he said that I believe).

Just for the sake of accuracy since it was right in the Soxfest thread.

Β 

Jason asked Hahn what he’s most happy about this offseason.. and after a long pause... he said, ”It’s not over yet.. there are three or four potential acquisitions we are working on.”

Β 

Nothing about any progress made in the last 48 hours nor about it being in addition to Machado.If there was something else about progress share a link. I totally disregard heresay at this point.

Β 

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

19 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

So this is not happening? What happened to eyeballs?? Was this a caseΒ of bad sources or is this trade still possible?

I would say probably still possible. The hang up might be the Realmuto deal. Depends on what the Dodgers send over because if Verdugo is sent to the Marlins, they suddenly have a need to keepΒ Joc. Dodgers had a ton of depth but the Kemp/Puig deal helped clear thatΒ up.

Edit: was Bailey released after that deal? He seems like he would have been a candidate to be flipped with a prospect or two to a rebuilding team with a low payroll and a need for innings and so the Dodgers could cut their payroll.

Edited by soxfan2014

16 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Just for the sake of accuracy since it was right in the Soxfest thread.

Β 

Jason asked Hahn what he’s most happy about this offseason.. and after a long pause... he said, ”It’s not over yet.. there are three or four potential acquisitions we are working on.”

Β 

Nothing about any progress made in the last 48 hours nor about it being in addition to Machado.If there was something else about progress share a link. I totally disregard heresay at this point.

Β 

This is what I was referencing on the 48 hours things; it’s from Fegan’s The Athletic article :

β€œIt’s not over yet for me,” Hahn said of offseason moves for the Sox. β€œThe way the free-agent market or even the trade market by extension has played out over the last several winters, we’ve sort of moved away from SoxFest on the calendar being the unofficial start of the season, the kickoff before spring training. They’re still on our mind, conversations we’ve had the last 48 hours. There’s still three to four potential acquisitions that we’re working on.”

https://theathletic.com/787220/2019/01/27/with-or-without-machado-rick-hahn-says-white-sox-arent-done-adding/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I would say probably still possible. The hang up might be the Realmuto deal. Depends on what the Dodgers send over because if Verdugo is sent to the Marlins, they suddenly have a need to keepΒ Joc. Dodgers had a ton of depth but the Kemp/Puig deal helped clear thatΒ up.

Edit: was Bailey released after that deal? He seems like he would have been a candidate to be flipped with a prospect or two to a rebuilding team with a low payroll and a need for innings and so the Dodgers could cut their payroll.

Friedman confirmed after the trade that Bailey was in fact released as a condition of waiving his no trade clause.Β 

19 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

The Indians need an outfielder 10x more than the Sox...and Joc fits their timeline exactly.

10 minutes ago, smellysox said:

Cleveland may be talking to LA about Kluber though. Could be alot more than Joc. Or a completely different package all together.Β 

If it’s Kluber, Ruiz and Verdugo will be involved. Β They need to replace Mejia, and their catching is barren after dumping Gomes as well.

Pederson would be something much less than Kluber/Bauer, that’s where it gets trickier. Β Their outfield prospects have been injured or have performed below expectations, but I would throw Zimmer out there as one name for sure.

Based on the rumored deal of Bummer,Β Fulmer and RiveraΒ for Pederson; also with idea something holding it up and possibly Realmuto being culprit how likely is it Whitesox are trying to facilitate the three team trade and have interest is someone also from the Marlins? Although I have made quite a few fantasy baseball trades in my lifetime, I am no expert in real trade scenarios. So thoughts on Collins for Brinson? Is value there , granted lower value Brinson coming off his poor season;Β Could whitesoxΒ essentially get Brinson and Pederson to round out the Outfield with Eloy and Jay as Fourth OF all while giving up Bummer, Fulmer, Rivera, Collins, Delmonico ( to Dodgers if Verdugo goes to Marlins) just a thought and entertaining escape from the real world cold in the Midwest, I am in Florida sorry but I did have to wear a light jacket to work this morning, sorry that’s not fair I apologize! Have a good day everyone I am going back to lurking for next ten years

Edited by bjchinn15

32 minutes ago, bjchinn15 said:

Based on the rumored deal of Bummer,Β Fulmer and Diaz for Pederson; also with idea something holding it up and possibly Realmuto being culprit how likely is it Whitesox are trying to facilitate the three team trade and have interest is someone also from the Marlins? Although I have made quite a few fantasy baseball trades in my lifetime, I am no expert in real trade scenarios. So thoughts on Collins for Brinson? Is value there , granted lower value Brinson coming off his poor season;Β Could wWhitesoxΒ essentially get Brinson and Pederson to round out the Outfield with Eloy and Jay as Fourth OF all while giving up Bummer, Fulmer, Diaz, Collins, Delmonico ( to Dodgers if Verdugo goes to Marlins) just a thought and entertaining escape from the real world cold in the Midwest, I am in Florida sorry but I did have to wear a light jacket to work this morning, sorry that’s not fair I apologize! Have a good day everyone I am going back to lurking for next ten years

Who is Diaz? You mean Laz Rivera?