NCsoxfan

Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Who would the Dodgers legitimately want off our roster?

He suggested Bummer and Fulmer in his tweets.

Does anyone know if Pederson and Machado are friends? I would assume there is some sort of relationship between them seeing as they were teammates for part of last season.

A few FutureSox / Loop Sports people seem to be suggesting this could be true.Β  I don't know if that is worth more than bupkis, but in theory they could have seen some LA scouts etc since they follow the prospects. Who knows

Edited by Princess Dye

3 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

He suggested Bummer and Fulmer in his tweets.

LOLWUT.Β 

I refuse to believe Pederson is thought of so little in LA. Even if Pollock makes him expendable, it doesn't make him useless.

2 minutes ago, Princess Dye said:

A few FutureSox / Loop Sports people seem to be suggesting this could be true.Β  I don't know if that is worth more than bupkis, but in theory they could have seen some LA scouts etc since they follow the prospects. Who knows

I am confused by their belief. Is it because the rumor makes so much sense? That what it seems like.Β 

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

LOLWUT.Β 

I refuse to believe Pederson is thought of so little in LA. Even if Pollock makes him expendable, it doesn't make him useless.

it would be funny to see Fulmer regain his Vandy form paired with Buehler...maybe Fulmer, Bummer and Jones?Β  Or Yolmer?

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

it would be funny to see Fulmer regain his Vandy form paired with Buehler...maybe Fulmer, Bummer and Jones?Β  Or Yolmer?

Always thought Leury would be a great fit for an NL team.

Only guy from major league roster I could see is Leury + minor leaguer.Β Could also see a pair of Β Lambert/Henzman and Cuberlo/Laz RiveraΒ 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fuagman said:

Only guy from major league roster I could see is Leury + minor leaguer.Β Could also see a pair of Β Lambert/Henzman and Cuberlo/Laz RiveraΒ 

Tweet mentioned Bryce Bush

Saw that but do not see Sox trading someone who can make legitimate impact on roster when he’s up. All those guys I mentioned will be up at the same time and blocked byΒ the elite prospects. Bryce bush is like 19

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Oh I hope not. The kid is raw but talented.Β  He could be another Tatis jr. Or a close version like when we traded Tatis. I just think he could come back and haunt us.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Would be so White Sox to either sell high on a guy, or give up on a prospect before he establishes himself in their farm. No in between.Β 

8 minutes ago, Fuagman said:

Saw that but do not see Sox trading someone who can make legitimate impact on roster when he’s up. All those guys I mentioned will be up at the same time and blocked byΒ the elite prospects. Bryce bush is like 19

Unless you lock in 3B for the next 10 years... Bush then becomes expendable theoretically, right? Looks like Pederson is a FA in 2021. He certainly is better than Engel, and by that time you'd hope one of Basabe, Robert, or Gonzalez can push him out of CF.

I've just heard from an insider that the Joc rumor is legit. Not my source, but someone who can be trusted. If Fulmer and Bummer are the price, you slam dunk that shit now. Bryce Bush would be a tough one to swallow, but I would completely understand why the Dodgers the trade more from the Dodgers side if he was included.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Unless you lock in 3B for the next 10 years... Bush then becomes expendable theoretically, right? Looks like Pederson is a FA in 2021. He certainly is better than Engel, and by that time you'd hope one of Basabe, Robert, or Gonzalez can push him out of CF.

I think they've talked about moving him around. Even first base.

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I've just heard from an insider that the Joc rumor is legit. Not my source, but someone who can be trusted. If Fulmer and Bummer are the price, you slam dunk that shit now. Bryce Bush would be a tough one to swallow, but I would completely understand why the Dodgers the trade more from the Dodgers side if he was included.

To me, if you get Manny, then you make this move. Β If you miss on the Big 2, then no thanks. Β Joc has 2 more years of control.

Looking at the Pederson rumor list I can squint and envision the following scenario.

1. Sox are close with Machado, and want to add another bat to the OF. Jimenez, Jay,Β  Pederson, Engel, and Delmonico is a solid OF grouping.

2. Dodgers are still sniffing around Harper and want to free up a slot. Either that or Pollack rumor is true and Dodgers still need roster spot.

3. Sox and LA train together and see each others minor leaguers often. Could they see something in Fulmer? Bummer could help immediately.Β 

4. With Manny in the fold, Bryce Bush becomes a lot less important to the Sox

Or this is all trash and an exercise in futility.Β 

Just now, fathom said:

To me, if you get Manny, then you make this move. Β If you miss on the Big 2, then no thanks. Β Joc has 2 more years of control.

Exactly what I've said too. Get Manny, then make short term moves if you want to. Unless the idea is that they would help get Manny to Chicago.

• Like 1