Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

NCsoxfan

34 minutes ago, fathom said:

I'm betting it's a 3 way trade Sox/Dodgers/Marlins. Β Dodgers will get Realmuto and a lefty reliever, Marlins will Dodgers prospects and maybe someone like Delmonico and Sox get Pederson.

Could something like this work?

Dodgers Receive: Realmuto & Bummer

White Sox Receive: Pederson

Marlins Receive: Ruiz,Β Rutherford, & Flores

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, GREEDY said:

I mean there is a ton of smoke on Joc right now so I'm surely wrong but I don't think that them adding Pollock means he is 100% expendable.Β Β 

No I agree, a few pages back I said Friedman wasn't one to back himself into a corner.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No. Why would we trade Rutherford and Bummer for a 2 year player in Pederson? It's not our time yet and this trade doesn't make sense. Not on board.Β 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

HARD pass on this for the Sox.Β  Assuming Ruiz is Dodgers Keibert Ruiz and not our Ruiz, but still....I am not trading Rutherford for 2 years of Joc.Β 

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sooooo....have to imagine LAD is either in discussions to ship Joc somewhere, or include Verdugo in a deal of Realmuto or Kluber. Cleveland would probably take Verdugo and Joc, their OF situation is pretty sad.Β Β 

Joc to Cleveland is twice the fit he is here in Chicago.Β  Maybe them being our rivals explains the interest and the churning of the rumor mill?Β Β 

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Maybe more like.....

Dodgers receive: Realmuto, Fry & Flores/LambertΒ 

White Sox receive: Pederson & Urias

Marlins Receive: Kiebert Ruiz, Rutherford, & Delmonico

Edited by ChiSox59

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

HARD pass on this for the Sox.Β  Assuming Ruiz is Dodgers Keibert Ruiz and not our Ruiz, but still....I am not trading Rutherford for 2 years of Joc.Β 

I just can’t imagine the Dodgers wouldΒ take less than that. Β Rutherford is a fringe top 100 prospect. Β I’m more concerned we’d have to give up Basabe or Micker.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Maybe more like.....

Marlins Receive: Kiebert Ruiz, Rutherford, & Delmonico

I don’t see the Dodgers selling low on Urias when he still has an option left and could easily help them this year.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why would the Sox throw names like Rutherford and Flores out? Bummer, Fulmer, and possibly Bryce Bush are the names that have been discussed to date. Those names are a farΒ cry talent wise (or in the case of Bush, near MLB ready wise) from Rutherford and Flores. I don't even know that I'd want to give up Bush for Pederson, let alone Rutherford or Flores.

Edited by Dam8610
I hate autocorrect

10 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

No. Why would we trade Rutherford and Bummer for a 2 year player in Pederson? It's not our time yet and this trade doesn't make sense. Not on board.Β 

I think if we land Joc, many here will be disappointed with the price. Β I really hope I’m wrong about that though.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

There was some speculation (not by anyone credible that I could see) that Joc could be part of a 3-team trade with Realmuto being involved, too.Β  Not sure I believe that, but with raBBit's tidbit the other day, maybe a third team is involved.

I made the suggestion a few days ago. Total speculation on my part. Just seems like a very logical idea for all three teams.

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I just can’t imagine the Dodgers wouldΒ take less than that. Β Rutherford is a fringe top 100 prospect. Β I’m more concerned we’d have to give up Basabe or Micker.

If that is really the price, I have zero interest in Pederson.

1 minute ago, Dam8610 said:

Why would the Sox throw names like Rutherford and Flores out? Bummer, Fulmer, and possibly Bryce Bush are the names that have been discussed to date. Those names are a fast cry talent wise (or in the case of Bush, near MLB ready wise) from Rutherford and Flores. I don't even know that I'd want to give up Bush for Pederson, let alone Rutherford or Flores.

What we’d want to give up for Joc doesn’t really matter though. Β It’s all about what the Dodgers can get for him or need to get for him to help facilitate a three way trade. Β Cheap, young 3+ WAR OFs (even with only two years of control)Β don’t typically come cheap. Β Trust me, I hope they take Bummer & Fulmer, but the more I think about it that seems incredibly unlikely.

And to be clear, I’m not suggesting I’d be excited about giving up Rutherford in a Joc trade, I was simply trying to propose that the Dodgers & Marlins might accept.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t see the Dodgers selling low on Urias when he still has an option left and could easily help them this year.

Sure, but ya gotta give to get.Β  They'd be getting the best catcher in baseball for Ruiz, Urias and Pederson, and a stud LH relievers with control.Β  Sox may need to give up a little more in that trade - add Yolmer and give him to whomever wants him between MIA and LAD.Β Β 

Marlins receive: Kiebert Ruiz, Rutherford, Yolmer Sanchez and Delmonico

Β 

Edited by ChiSox59

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

What would be a fair price? Β The Marlins got a pair of 50 FV prospectsΒ for two years of MarcellΒ Ozuna. Β That’s about as good of a comp I can come up with.

If that is a fair price, I am not interested.Β  Pass and wait on the rest of the system to pan out.Β  If we are talking a LHRP and Bush like was rumored, that is a different story.

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That would be awful for the Sox.

I'm not sure why - we are overvaluing middling prospects at this point. ]

The value of Rutherford if he's a 50FV prospect is roughly $17 million - you could argue that Rutherford is a 45FV which would bring him all the way down to about 8 million in value. Let's say, for the sake of this, that Rutherford is trending upwards though and is worth about $17 million.

Flores isn't worth much - maybe $3 millionish. So let's say our total value moved is about 20 million. Obviously, future value is worth more to this team than present, but it's not by as much as you'd think given that the White Sox want to expedite the window and have this year be a year of potential surprise with next year being a year of definite contention (in their eyes), but lets say for the sake that Rutherford's future value increases the value of a win by $3Β million per - he's worth roughly 2 wins now (assuming 10 million = 1 WAR but as we know, WAR values aren't exact) so we get Rutherford and Flores up to being worth $26 million.

Pederson would need to accumulate 2.6 WAR in 2 years to equal the net value of our offer. Now volatility of a guy like Rutherford changes things a bit, but at most, it's safe to say that if Pederson is a 2 WAR+ player each of the next two years, that his present day value surpasses any Future Value for Rutherford.

I know people don't want to give up any prospects - the infatuation with all of them is very real - but from a sheer value standpoint that would be a fine swap for the White Sox. Not one I think they're interested in - as I think they'd rather move relievers and more wild card position players than a top 100 prospect, but it certainly would be a defendable trade for the White Sox.Β 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Thanks 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

If that is a fair price, I am not interested.Β  Pass and wait on the rest of the system to pan out.Β  If we are talking a LHRP and Bush like was rumored, that is a different story.

I like Bryce Bush as a long-term prospect more than Rutherford, to be honest