Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

NCsoxfan

17 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Whaling takes me away to where I've always heard it could be
Just a dream and the wind to carry me
And soon I will be free

Β 

I think I used to see this song a lot in game threads when Sale was sailing. So I changed it to fit the current theme.

Whaling Stories by ProcolΒ Harum is worth a You Tube visit. Prefer the studio version but also with the Edmonton Symphony live.Β 

so I know some of you guys have realΒ sources, but I’m legit curious, do you think itsΒ bad info you got, good info that just hasn’t happened yet, good info that fell apart? Something else? Not trying to be antagonistic whatsoever, just more curiousΒ 

Edited by daa84
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, pcq said:

Whaling Stories by ProcolΒ Harum is worth a You Tube visit. Prefer the studio version but also with the Edmonton Symphony live.Β 

I have it on Procol Harum's Greatest Hts CD :). Also the 1972 Live version of Conquistador with Edmonton Symphony Orch. is one of my all time favorite song and grabbed my attention many many moons ago.

I was just talking to someone about what might be going on with this Joc trade, and could it be something as simple/courteous as the Dodgers/Sox waiting until after Dodger FanFest today so Joc could still attend and interact with the fans one last time? I mean, people spent $200 on a meet & greet with Joc today, so maybe both teams agreed to allow that to happen and not screw over the fans who paid to meet Joc.

Just trying to rationalize what may have happened for all the smoke and even names mentioned on the first day, and then suddenly nothing since.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I was just talking to someone about what might be going on with this Joc trade, and could it be something as simple/courteous as the Dodgers/Sox waiting until after Dodger FanFest today so Joc could still attend and interact with the fans one last time? I mean, people spent $200 on a meet & greet with Joc today, so maybe both teams agreed to allow that to happen and not screw over the fans who paid to meet Joc.

Just trying to rationalize what may have happened for all the smoke and even names mentioned on the first day, and then suddenly nothing since.

Pending Manny signing from WS side? Β Or else, we go after Harper.

Pending Realmuto trade from LAD side? To ensure Verdugo not included.

Don’t see the $200 session excuse. Β If I’mΒ a DodgersΒ fan, I’m more pissed you made me go through it when you knew you were moving him. Β Just move him and give me my money back...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Everything on the Dodgers terms, when it should be on the White Sox terms.Β Β 
The Dodgers need to clear out Pederson more than the Sox need him.Β  And the Sox don't need him at all if they don't sign Machado.
The Sox have the leverage:Β  use it.

Hes a good enough player that should have interest from other clubs (he does). Its not like it's a bad salary dump where only one team is talking with them.Β 

13 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Everything on the Dodgers terms, when it should be on the White Sox terms.Β Β 
The Dodgers need to clear out Pederson more than the Sox need him.Β  And the Sox don't need him at all if they don't sign Machado.
The Sox have the leverage:Β  use it.

I don’t see how we have leverage. Β Joc is a good player and damn cheap, which means plenty of teams will happily take him.

43 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t see how we have leverage. Β Joc is a good player and damn cheap, which means plenty of teams will happily take him.

Compared to other teams we don't have leverage. The Dodgers can keep him or still may need him. If we aren't making the playoffs in 2019 then JP is basically a 1 year rental for 2020. Those are the reason's why I doubt we acquire him. Dodgers may still keep him, other teams would pay more and using decent young talent to acquire a rental isn't in the best interest of future long term viability.

Plus , we have to consider the possibilityΒ  all rumors about the Sox interest in him are either false or the level of interest is not as high as we think.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Don’t feel like going through 85 pages...is there or haveΒ there been any rumors on what a hypothetical deal would look like? Can’t see anybody on the roster the Dodgers would want...maybe Jones? But what value does he really have until he stays healthy?Β 

Would we be talking about a Dunning level prospect probably? Possibly one of Basabe or Micker + ?